What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Not even a newbie owner ..yet !

Pondering

Reaction score
Hi
I am seriously thinking of treating myself to a RCZ ,
I fancy the diesel version , due to me always mostly owning diesels and the economy , there seems to be more 1.6 petrol's out there ,
Having never owned a Peugeot of any kind , I'm wondering what the underpinning of the car is , ie are they standard parts mostly , i imagine the brakes etc are chunkier , sorry if i sound a bit green lol but I'm a woman of a certain age that loves cars but this one is totally new to me ..cheers

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome, most parts are shared with other Peugeot Citroen cars but there’s obviously parts that are solely RCZ and some dealers try to blag silly prices, to be honest they’re a pretty cheap car it maintain especially the diesel good luck I your quest to find one let us know how you get on 👍

Pondering

Reaction score
Thanks for that Neil , i will certainly do that ,
I cant wait to join the elite group of owners
I did at the age of 45 get my first brand new Subaru Impreza
and the looks i used to get when out and about in that were fun like
"whats that old bird doing in that ?" will be even more fun at the age of 65 out n about in my RCZ lol !!

cheers
Hazel

Last edited:

Pedro

Reaction score
Try & find one with a service history as it gives some indication what condition the cars is in mechanically if its had good servicing then they rarely cause any issues the rest of the car is as they say just wear & tear parts brakes tyres etc also check the MOT history for any advises just search for MOT Govt.UK & enter the reg it will show if its had any major issues
So good hunting!

Richard

Reaction score
Hi
I am seriously thinking of treating myself to a RCZ ,
I fancy the diesel version , due to me always mostly owning diesels and the economy , there seems to be more 1.6 petrol's out there ,
Having never owned a Peugeot of any kind , I'm wondering what the underpinning of the car is , ie are they standard parts mostly , i imagine the brakes etc are chunkier , sorry if i sound a bit green lol but I'm a woman of a certain age that loves cars but this one is totally new to me ..cheers
I have 1.6 thp White Peral with 19 black alloys 2011 model, things have found is just driving to work on motorway get about 46MPG doing 70 MPH.

Pondering

Reaction score
I have 1.6 thp White Peral with 19 black alloys 2011 model, things have found is just driving to work on motorway get about 46MPG doing 70 MPH.
Hi Richard , that's not bad going at all , I don't do everyday motorway driving but where i live is quite rural so its 4 miles of 30 n 40 mph limited roads before i get anywhere ,and i find that's where the fuel goes , i had a loan car whilst my car was in for repair and it was a astra 1.6 i had it almost a week and i was never away from the pumps !! this is what knocks me off the 1.6 petrol engines . i know they are a lot more economical than they were , never say never ..