What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

NOOOOB ASSITANCE!

A

Anonymous

Hi to one and all...I took delivery of my RCZ yesterday...March 2012 GT auto...so far I am in heaven.

Couple of questions, both regarding the sound system; I have connected my ipod to the USB in the arm rest compartment, but for some reason it is jumping like a CD over bumps...I have taken out, and re-connected but the same is happening; anyone else have this issue???

Secondly, I am pretty sure when I put the car to bed last night I was listening to the radio, yet when I started the car this morning, the music system started on IPOD mode...again is this a glitch or something easier to sort??

Will search thru the rest of this forum for other useful tips...looking forward to leaning on all you for lots of other stupid questions!

Thanks

RCZ1

Reaction score
royallicky said:
Hi to one and all...I took delivery of my RCZ yesterday...March 2012 GT auto...so far I am in heaven.

Couple of questions, both regarding the sound system; I have connected my ipod to the USB in the arm rest compartment, but for some reason it is jumping like a CD over bumps...I have taken out, and re-connected but the same is happening; anyone else have this issue???

Secondly, I am pretty sure when I put the car to bed last night I was listening to the radio, yet when I started the car this morning, the music system started on IPOD mode...again is this a glitch or something easier to sort??

Will search thru the rest of this forum for other useful tips...looking forward to leaning on all you for lots of other stupid questions!

Thanks

Hi royallicky, welcome to the forum :)

Welcome to the world of RCZ membership, I hope you will love it.

I've heard of others having this problem with the music jumping over bumps. I'm not sure what the answer was. Have you tried another lead? You never know it could be something as simple as that. Does the same music play ok over Bluetooth?

Can't really answer your second question as I always play the iPod. Very, very rarely the radio so the iPod always starts up when I start the engine.

Feel free to ask any questions, I'm sure you will find lots of people willing to help you out.

Oh and don't forget to post up some pics of your car when you get chance :)

A

Anonymous

Firstly Hello and welcome to the forum and well done on your new purchase. Everyone on here knows what that new rcz feeling is like and I can assure after 6 months I still have it. Hope you have many happy and trouble free miles of fun, can we see some pictures too please ;) when you have time of course.

On to your questions/queries. I am a non apple/iPod user but there are quite a few posts on here about such issues so if you have a search I'm certain you'll find some useful info. If not then be patient as your questions will get answered, lots of experienced RCZ owners use the forum and are always willing to help and I reckon some will be along shortly to offer hints tips and advice.

Hope you join in on here and get involved :D we have a big meet in July at Pugfest so if you fancy meeting up with some of us then let me know :wink:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

A

Anonymous

Many thanks for the welcomes...I will keep an eye out for any IPOD posts...will try playing the music from my phone via bluetooth to see if that skips...if not may have to moan to the dealers.

Can't wait to start really using the car...so far driven in traffic for about 20 minutes...desperate to get it properly out this evening. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Hi guys - probably quite an easy one to solve (for the first part of the problem) - go into your ipod settings and turn off 'shake to shuffle' - this is a function that Apple add to allow you to shuffle to a different track by 'shaking' your iPod from side to side. Most people don't know it exists but it a heavy bump could cause it to think it is being shaken, and skip tracks for you...

A

Anonymous

never heard of that...pretty sure it's not switched on, but deffo worth a try!!

will post back with a response!

A

Anonymous

Thought I posted an update....jeeeesus, I really am crrap at message boards.

Update is this....no shake to shuffle on my IPOD, so isnt that.

I tried 2 alternative cables, both with the same result.

Such a minor issue, as I suppose I could download all the music to a memory stick, but its one of those problems thats distracting me from enjoying my new car as much as I should.

A

Anonymous

Damn - I was sure that would be what it was - some of the iPods shipped with it turned on as default, and as a designer of iPod docks I got a bunch of complaints of the same issue because our subwoofer vibrated the iPod so much it made it change tracks :lol:

Is it an iPod Classic? the only other thing I can think is that it could be the hard drive in the iPod skipping - can't think of any other reason why you would have this kind of problem. Have you tried wrapping it in something to absorb any of the shock of going over the bumps if it only happens when you do this?

I don't own an RCZ (yet) so can't test for myself, but I would be suprised if it was the car that was the problem to be honest (unless there is a loose connection, but you could test that by trying exactly what you say - using a memory stick with the music loaded on it)

A

Anonymous

royallicky said:
Thought I posted an update....jeeeesus, I really am crrap at message boards.

Update is this....no shake to shuffle on my IPOD, so isnt that.

I tried 2 alternative cables, both with the same result.

Such a minor issue, as I suppose I could download all the music to a memory stick, but its one of those problems thats distracting me from enjoying my new car as much as I should.

I have ongoing problems with my own USB connection. It doesn't skip but crackles when playing tracks so I understand your frustration. It still bothers me a little bit but now i just stream music over Bluetooth. It bothers the audiophile in me but I've grown to ignore it. This isn't a solution, I know, and it is worth highlighting your problem to your dealership if you haven't done so already.

A

Anonymous

Oh and, in my experience, any music source that is connected (be it CD or using the USB connection) will automatically start up on starting the car regardless of whether you were listening to it on your last journey. Don't know why but it does. Just unplug/eject all other music sources at the end of journey if you don't want them to start next time you get in.

A

Anonymous

Thanks everyone...this really is a great website, very very impressed.

With regard to wrapping it up, it even skips when I am stationary!!

I will try the USB stick and a different ipod, and bluetooth...but ultimately, I may have to go and wring the neck of a dealer at Peugeot.

Will keep you in touch.

A

Anonymous

Update:

Tried my son's Itouch (ipod with screen) and same skipping happened.

Then downloaded 200 odd songs onto an 8gb memory stick..... and NO problems at all!!! :clap:

£4.89 on amazon, and problem solved! First time I could really enjoy the car since I bought it, because at the back of my mind, the ipod/music issues were niggling away!

Onwards and upwards now...thanks for all your help.

A

Anonymous

like that...less likely to snap off when i put a pack of gum into the arm rest....thanks John...ordering now