What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Non run flat tyres

A

Anonymous

Hi, I've only just joined the forum so I hope I'm doing all this correctly. It might be a silly question but has anybody out there used non run flat tyres instead of run flat ones, I have noticed that a lot of BMW and Mini owners have changed to the ordinary type and say they are cheaper, longer lasting and provide a better ride, any ideas? Thanks

A

Anonymous

Welcome to the forum. However, the tyres on the RCZ aren't run flats. However, it is widely accepted that you'll receive a more comfortable ride on regular tyres. Of course grip, noise etc will vary tremendously between tyres and this is generally linked to price. Does that help?

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Do you have runflats on your RCZ?

From what Ive heard, it could get a bit bouncy as the suspension is set up to with the run flats.

Welcome btw :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

Hi, thanks for your replies, I have not even picked the car up yet from the dealer. The car is a second hand 4 year old 200 GT and I asked the dealer to replace the 2 front worn tyres, he told me that he would order and fit 2 run flats because they are standard fitment on this model, is this not the case and what have you got? Thanks. :helpme:

A

Anonymous

Continental sport contact 3s were the standard fitted tyres on the RCZ at the time. These aren't run flat so stop that guy before he gets them on the car!!!

A

Anonymous

Yet again, dealer incompetence :thumbdown: When will they ever learn? :twisted:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Is any RCZ 4 years old yet? Not launched until June/July 2010 ;) but no they never have had run flat tyres.

A

Anonymous

Avoid them like the plague crash in even the smallest pot hole and make the ride firm and jarring.

frankvdb

Reaction score
Mine will be 4 years on April 1 (this is not a joke!) :dance:
So it was first registered on April 1 2010 so will have been built a few weeks before then.
74.000 km on the clock and still going strong.

frankvdb

Reaction score
It was a demo car which explains the early first registration.
BTW back on topic, it came with Conti SportContact 3 tyres, one of which is still on the car now...

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Mines 4 yrs on May 29th :) I did think mine must have been among the first registered, especially with it being a GT but came with 18" Wheels.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
My mistake, it was the 19th.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-28-23-02-09.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-28-23-02-09.png
    307 KB · Views: 7,333
A

Anonymous

Abzynthe said:
Mines 4 yrs on May 29th :) I did think mine must have been among the first registered, especially with it being a GT but came with 18" Wheels.

You are correct Abz. The original dealership demos were on 18" for some reason or other, can't recall why at the moment

MaccaManus

Reaction score
Is any RCZ 4 years old yet? Not launched until June/July 2010 ;) but no they never have had run flat tyres.
I have a 2011 and it came with run flats on 19”… can I replace with standard tyres as fronts are balled! Just bought it.
Cheers

DKZ5745

Reaction score
This is a very old thread, but yes, you don’t need runflats on the RCZ.

If you do a forum search you will find plenty of opinions on tyres. I have Michelin PS4S on mine all round. Not the cheapest tyres, but the grip and handling is superb. Road noise is good too, and longevity is great on the rears. Fronts last as long as you want them to.

Chiro 1

Reaction score
This is a very old thread, but yes, you don’t need runflats on the RCZ.

If you do a forum search you will find plenty of opinions on tyres. I have Michelin PS4S on mine all round. Not the cheapest tyres, but the grip and handling is superb. Road noise is good too, and longevity is great on the rears. Fronts last as long as you want them to.
Hi I’m new to the forum but have. 2012 RCZ and just try to buy replacement runflate tires that I was told were on the car only to find they don’t make 19in run flat tires period. My tire guy said you need special wheels for them So I’m confused does the RCZ have run flats or not?

apple3337

Reaction score
I'm In Melbourne. I don't use run-flats and wouldn't even if I could.