What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

noise from the clutch when reversing

A

Anonymous

I too have had this problem since purchasing the car. When first reported the dealer thought I was mad... then they found a clip of the noise from Peugeot all confirmed it was the culprit. So far we have had the clutch replaced, the gearbox rebuilt, replaced the timing chain kit and it hasn't fixed the problem. Noise occurs as described on any level of road going forward or reversing - always from stationary. The dealer refused to fix the problem again until they heard from peugeot about how to fix it as they didn't want to not be paid for the warranty work. Consequently they didn't bother to follow it up either so managed to get hold of the dealership group MD, fired off a couple of statements along the lines of "by not attempting to repair it you are admitting you cannot fix it and this raises concerns with me about further damage it could be causing to the car and therefore I am returning the car" and all of a sudden technical have been in touch with a solution. They tell me that they are replacing some sort of bearing now... I am going to guess that it won't fix the problem as I don't believe that is the problem. Its most certainly clutch related.