What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

No more sharks!!!???

xtof73

Reaction score
Too bad for the Shark Grey
Has Peugeot some stock ? Just hope that we -shark owners- never need to have a scratch or worse repaired !

A

Anonymous

Astleyducks, I put your question down to my dealer. In Holland there's no problem ordering the Grey Shark. He hasn't heared nor received any news about the problem with the colour. He seems to know that sometimes orders from different countries may differ, but the RCZ seems to have similar paint al over the world. Maybe you have had a follow-up to this where you live. Good luck, because frankly and no matter what colour everybody advises you, shark simply is the best (and they all know and regret it). :eusa-whistle:

xtof73

Reaction score
This is not the only manufacturer and color.....
I heard about red for Toyota and also blue for Peugeot again.

A

Anonymous

My dealer told me today that indeed the Gris Shark colour is out from May. It will be replaced by Gris Thorium, whatever that is. So the onces driving a shark (or like me "soon" driving one, because the delivery has been put back) will be driving quite a unique one. I'm sure the colour is no problem when damaging your vehicle, as the repaint is assembled by computer. I hope ...

A

Anonymous

From what i have read it's not the actual mixing of the components that is a problem, it's getting hold of the correct pigmentation for the correct shading, in this case "shark grey" pigment would, like all pigments be made up from a number of addatives from a number of suppliers.

I work in the plastics industry which use tremendous amounts of pigment and work closely with pigment manufactures from around the world, sometimes it is very difficult to hold onto a particular colour because of pigmentation supply problems, a colour that has been holding for years is all of a sudden no longer available, and to make matters worse there are many "copy" companies that try to "mirror match" a particular colour but it is never ever an exact match as the original, metalics are a particular problem.

If Peugot could gaurantee that a pigment from a new supplier would be a total colour match they would not be suspending the shark grey option, just closing down a pigment blending extruder for a few days, then doing a new start up would have a massive impact on colour shading, to move too a complete new supplier that then in turn also delt with different suppliers and used totaly different blending systems would be out of the question, this is why, until they can, with confidence match the pigment, Peugot have to suspend shark grey, they really have no choice, in fact they are doing the right thing.

As for damaging a panel that needs a full "lick" of paint, well hopefuly there is sufficient stock of authentic pigment, the thing to remember is this, how many people go to a dealer for repairs, most insurance companies use outside repairers, who mix their own paint or buy from a paint supplier anyway, so in that sense your not getting a true shark grey colour anyway.

This pigment shortage will only affect someone who wants to purchase a new car in that colour right now or insists to an insurance company that a dealer repairs any damaged paintwork, however If they are prepared to accept an "after colour", for any repair work then all will be fine, again though as long as the owner accepts the colour match and shading !

Another angle on this though issue is this, would a prospective buyer looking for a used RCZ avoid shark grey purely because of this "problem" , the colour may be "unique" for all the wrong reasons. :eusa-think:

My advice, go for Opal white, you know it makes sense, and it's nicer :lol:

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that info, it was most helpful, however, I don't want white as I think the darker colours look much better and in fact classier!

A

Anonymous

I agree with Nick. I think the White looks sportier but the darker colours look more classy. I have the best of both worlds, I picked a middle colour because I reckon the metal look of the Mercury Grey blends nicely with the chrome arches.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Jactac . Some food for thought. I asked the dealer to sort out what's causing the delivery hold-up and what risks it gives when the Grey Shark colour is damaged.
Oh and you know Grey Shark is the best colour, now it's unique as well. But -like sharks- they hold a risk. ;)

A

Anonymous

Thanks for input everyone!
Choosing my new car colour is put into perspective when you think about what's happened to those poor people in Japan.
:(
An rcz is a great car, whatever the colour and eveyone has their favorites. I've yet to catch up with my dealer as I've been away on hols. If shark is a no-go and Thorium Grey hasn't appeared yet, my shark will turn blue.
I suppose what seems silly to me is that if I turn up in an audi dealership with a wedge of cash, I can have a TT in any colour under the sun.
Peugeot promotes the rcz on the basis of personalisation, then only offers 2 blacks, 2 whites, 2 greys a red and a blue.

In the future I hope they expand this, particularly given that Magna Steyr assemble them with the Aston Martin Rapide! RCZ in Aston Hardly Green anyone?? :mrgreen:

A

Anonymous

I would go with the colour you set your mind on. otherwise you will always have that nagging doubt.
Even if you have ordered or already have a sharky, i'm sure there will be a "fix" out there somewhere if you need a lick of paint or a touch up. Just enjoy your time with this cracking car. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I was initially going to go for white but in the day I went to buy it changed my mind to shark, believe me, I do not regret it one bit, when its clean and polished - every weekend at the moment! - the flecks of metallic paint make it look stunning.

A

Anonymous

forget shark my friend, best is dolphin blue, grey leather and soltice onyx 19's. whatever u decide, rcz is best by miles in its bracket regards sal

A

Anonymous

Shark, white, blue, black, pearl, red, brown. orange, even tartan stripes, thay are all colours to be proud of, cos it's the coulur of YOUR RCZ.........
However, opal white is THE one.... COME ON ADMIT IT........ :lol:

RCZ1

Reaction score
RCZ_84 said:
I was initially going to go for white but in the day I went to buy it changed my mind to shark, believe me, I do not regret it one bit, when its clean and polished - every weekend at the moment! - the flecks of metallic paint make it look stunning.

Well you would also have had the flecks of pearlescent paint shimmering in the sunlight if you had chosen pearl white :thumbup: :D

A

Anonymous

Turue RCZ1, I saw a 3008 in pearl white, but initially I was going for opal white...flatter but still as appealing, but I echo the sentiments of the rest of the members, all colours are fantastic...just shark more so hehehehehee