What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

No more sharks!!!???

A

Anonymous

Hi everyone

My dealer has called me to say they cannot order my car because Peugeot aren't taking orders for shark grey cars anymore :evil:

If they can get one 'from stock', you can still get shark grey, however none of those left has my options so I'm forced back to the drawing board. :shock:

It took me AGES to choose, and it's not as if there are a lot of colours anyway!

Why oh why have Peugeot done this?

My shark has been trawled by Pug and killed before it was even a tiddler! :x :x :x

A

Anonymous

could be that shark grey is manufactured in Japan?

I've heard a lot of stories and rumours of how certain metallic paints are ONLY manufactured in Japan and production has halted due to the earthquake / tsunami.

A

Anonymous

go for charcoal...you won't regret! Best colour ever

GT RCZ

Reaction score
Amber Red, white is too common & time shows white has the poorest residual values.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Sorry there can only be Pearl White - best colour by a landslide :lol:

Got to agree Whites the best on the RCZ by a mile :) . I hear its also very nice on Mercedes SLK's too ;)

FGRob

Reaction score
Hey I've got the best of both worlds, I go to work in a charcoal car and return home in a white one from all the over spray / dust from the building next door. :wave: :wtf: :wtf:

Rob.

A

Anonymous

Too bad about the sharkie as I know how difficult it is to pin down that final choice only to have it blown out of the water :( but Freddie is shouting MERCURY...GO MERCURY :dance:

A

Anonymous

I had to change my order when my delivery date was extended by a couple of months so I changed from Pearl White to Mercury Grey. The Mercury Grey blends nicely with the chromed arches to bring a classy 'all metallic' look to the RCZ.

I also saw my first Haria Grey in a dealer last weekend - is that the same as Charcoal? Very impressive colour.

A

Anonymous

Got to admit am VERY pleased with the Perla Black- I wanted Haria grey originally but couldn't wait 6 months for production...! :D

A

Anonymous

Me too stephxv...its difficult to keep clean but boy, when it's washed and waxed you cant beat the glistening Perla Black.

A

Anonymous

haria grey is the french name for charcoal...very cool colour, changes from mid-purple grey (daylight) to black (night)
I went for that and will never regret ;)

A

Anonymous

Sorry to hear that but....Im soooooooooo happy that they aren't making shark grey....My RCZ in shark will be even more unique!! wooopeee!...again sorry...im sure my post hasnt really helped!

A

Anonymous

Do you know on what date they ceased doing shark? I ordered mine 6 weeks ago and my build date is 19/4/11. I have not been told I can't have shark (yet).

A

Anonymous

I guess it will depend on how far ahead they order their paint and in what quantities. You'll probably still be OK since yours is only two weeks away from production. It sounds like they're not accepting new orders.

A

Anonymous

I've ordered my sharky mid January and it is due to arrive within 2 weeks, according to the cardealer. I haven't heared anything anywhere that Grey Shark is to be taken out of production, but I'll try and find out if that is true or not.
If it is, I pity with the ones that were planing to order one. But like RCZ_84 says, it will make the ones on the road more unique.

As for the best colour, I have seen a few different colours already and somehow they all seem to fit the RCZ. Indeed few colours are presented for the RCZ, but enough to pick a few that either choice will make you drive a beauty.

A

Anonymous

All colours look good on the RCZ. In the early days, when i first placed my order, every time I saw one in a different colour I wondered if I'd ordered the right colour. These days I think I would be happy with any colour as long as it's an RCZ.

A

Anonymous

Yes there is a problem with new orders for Shark Grey paint - I havent been able to place factory orders for shark grey Peugeots of any model, not just RCZ.

Dealers are due to get an e-mail from Peugeot tommorow explaining whats going on....basically the factory that makes the pigment for the paint was washed away in the japan tsunami.

As soon as Ive seen the letter I will pop up some more info on how Peugeot are going to proceed.

regards

Marcus