What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

NG45 change to RT6

diogosaka

Reaction score
Hello. I have the opportunity to change my current simple NG45 radio and the basic multimedia screen to a OEM double din gps radio (is it the RT6?) and the folding monitor that it pairs with. Other than the need to use a diagbox to program the vin is there any other requirement for everything to work?

1) is the mic connection the same?
2) is the gps antenna on the radio itself?
3) are usb and aux port connections the same?
4) is the steering wheel buttons connection the same?

I wasn't able to find out this information for sure, many thanks for the help you guys can provide.

Last edited:

lfe

Reaction score
Hello. I have the opportunity to change my current simple NG45 radio and the basic multimedia screen to a OEM double din gps radio (is it the RT6?) and the folding monitor that it pairs with. Other than the need to use a diagbox to program the vin is there any other requirement for everything to work?

I wasn't able to find out this information for sure, many thanks for the help you guys can provide.

- Cars with a GPS navigator have the wiring a little different, you will have missing wires.

- The screen on the instrument panel is different and larger in cars with GPS navigator, since some of the settings that you now have on the current basic screen go to the instrument panel, and to navigate through those functions in cars with navigator they have, on the center console, navigation buttons that you don't have.

- The GPS antenna is not integrated, cars with GPS have it on the roof.

I don't have an answer to the rest of the questions.

It is much more advisable that you install an Android screen and not an outdated 14 years old GPS navigator.

RCZ-mad

Reaction score

While I understand you'd probably like to keep the whole stock look, its way more trouble than its worth, you'd have to disassemble a lot and replace wiring harnesses etc. in other words, its basically impossible.

Go for an Android unit, vastly more capable, more features, touchscreen and they have plenty that are made to look OEM

9" Android 12 Car Stereo For Peugeot 308 408 RCZ GPS Nav FM RDS Bluetooth Radio | eBay

diogosaka

Reaction score
Ok, so I will maintain the Android headunit I have at the moment. Very pleased with it and the way it looks, not a perfect unit by any means but very good. The only thing I really would like to have configured is the multifunctional display to be in dark mode by default, as it is quite boring to have to manually do it everytime I start the car. Having it turned off is not an option as I still prefer to used it to display random information such as doors open, parking sensors and any engine faults that could pop up.
Does anybody know how to achive this, maybe only with a Lexia device?