What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

NG4 trouble and how I worked around it

frankvdb

Reaction score
Hi,
Recently the NG4 unit occasionally spontaneously reboots after having entered destination and driving off.
Unfortunately, the last address entered then is no longer present so needs to be re-entered.
I plan to have the (still original) firmware updated during the next service (probably end of February) and hope that it fixes this. :eusa-think:

This week another more serious issue occurred: when trying to play any mp3 from the harddisk, it would say "Please wait" for about 30 seconds and then fall back to playing radio. :shock:
So then I copied some mp3's on a flash drive and inserted that in the USB socket under the armrest.
To my surprise this played instantly. :eek:
Then I tried to play form the HD again which still failed! At this point I became afraid that there is a problem with the HD.
But then I copied the USB mp3 to the HD and those played and all others as well!
So somehow the copying solved the problem. :crazy:

I feel that the quality of the NG4 software quality is average at best but fortunately that can be upgraded.
I've had no issues with its hardware and connectors so far. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

that's interesting to know. i have the same occasional rebooting problem though sometimes the address is still there.

can you let me know how you get on, and what firmware version they upgrade you to? As far as I know, I'm on the latest which didn't sort the problem :eek:(

dave