What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

NG4 on a 2011 RCZ : How to turn on 3D navigation ?

A

Anonymous

Dear all,

Just having my Diesel RCZ from 2 weeks, it has been first set on streets on July 2011 then since half March 2013 is in my hands :D.

On the manual is reported 2D- 3D capability for the navigation system, but I was not able to find a way to enable it in the real world.

In these days I managed to download the firmware update and now I'm running 42 version instead of the 24 version found on board, today managed to update also the maps via USB stick to the latest Europe 2012-13 and aso the speedtrap alerts.

By the way, found a system to use just one SD card with all the content of the two disks to shorten the process just editing one file :). I'll explain it later on the dediceted topic.

Everything went fine ecept for that I found no way to enable 3D navigation, so my question is :

1) Do I have to enable some strange hidden options to have it ? The manual has a strange diagram that seems I had to look fand change map properties, but was not able to find it.
2) Do I have to update some other element of the nav-sat system ?
3) Do I have to access some hidden system menuù ?

Thanks so much to anyone wlll want to share some experience with me.

Gyxx

A

Anonymous

I have had it working in leeds, not sure all areas are covered all I did was zoom in as far as I could with the dial and the buildings appeared.

Opal white GT with type 1 matt stripe.

A

Anonymous

Gerat idea, not documented on the manual (as ususal :D) and quite impossible to get without somebody's tip !

Tomorrow I'll try it !

Thanks so much and have a good Eastern !

;-)

Gyxx

Smiler

Reaction score
To switch on/off 3D Mapping press the OK button with map screen in view

Then choose map settings

Then choose 3D /2D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

3D mapping is not very extensive in the UK. I have only ever noticed one single building in 3D :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Leeds city centre has loads of 3d

Opal white GT with type 1 matt stripe.

A

Anonymous

I went past a castle once and that came up in 3D, but thats the only time in a space of 10 months I ever saw anything in that format.

Dont have that option on the RT6

A

Anonymous

merchant seaman said:
I went past a castle once and that came up in 3D, but thats the only time in a space of 10 months I ever saw anything in that format.

Dont have that option on the RT6

Yet another cut back from the NG4 :thumbdown:

Don't understand why they have made RT6 such a lesser system than NG4, unless NG4 didn't get optioned enough due to the price. Every Z (new and used) I've seen at my dealers never has the NG4. I would have loved them to have added DAB, upped size of hard drive, added support for FLAC format files, even if that meant upping the price from the NG4, but thats just my thoughts.

A

Anonymous

Grantp said:

Don't understand why they have made RT6 such a lesser system than NG4, unless NG4 didn't get optioned enough due to the price.

In a time where most people have some kind of smartphone with GPS and inexpensive navigation software on it the market for dedicated navigation devices is shrinking.

Add to this that the NG4 is twice the price of the RT6, and that USB sticks larger than the internal disk are cheap and you have the reason why Peugeot did this decision.

At least here in Germany the NG4 is still available as an option.

A

Anonymous

TomC said:
Grantp said:

Don't understand why they have made RT6 such a lesser system than NG4, unless NG4 didn't get optioned enough due to the price.

In a time where most people have some kind of smartphone with GPS and inexpensive navigation software on it the market for dedicated navigation devices is shrinking.

Add to this that the NG4 is twice the price of the RT6, and that USB sticks larger than the internal disk are cheap and you have the reason why Peugeot did this decision.

At least here in Germany the NG4 is still available as an option.

I Take your points but don't really agree, your point about smartphones and the 'inexpensive software', The only thing the RT6 is now is a SatNav that has a Radio/USB, so if it's all to do with other tech thats about, cut the SatNav from RT6 and make it cheaper.

Price of USB Sticks compared to Hard Drives again don't agree. 320GB 2.5 inch hard drive £30 - £40, 64GB Pen Drive £30 - £40 5x more storage faster access same price. You can get 3TB Hard Drives for less than £100 these days.

Then from my point of view there is the inconvinience of having to plug USB in, remember to take it out if I want to change/add music, cables if connecting Phone/IPod via USB, and in my case remembering to take my phone I often leave home and realise I've not got my phone.

Looking at it from my point of view if the tech is available add as much of it as possible at your top of the range car's or even give us more options RT6, NG4 & upgraded NG4.

Saying all that I have NG4 and knowing RT6 was a down grade I have still optioned it on my new up coming Z :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

So 3D MAPPING is just as bad as 3D :lol: tv................ :wtf:

I have always wanted SATNAV in a car l owned, Now i have and i have not used it yet..............is it worth it :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Awwwww I so miss the good looks of the NG4 and now left with a gap :(