What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

NG4 3D

Davie

Reaction score
Does any one know when the updates for the NG4 3D will be available,still giving false readings.
I have had no joy from Peugeot.

A

Anonymous

Dont think the speed camera locations have been updated or even if their going to be .

The file i have on m NG4 shows about 95 % of locations but at a lower speed, ie, 30mph zone will show ups as 25mph.

I think the software for the NG4 is made by Navtech who also do Garmin, might be worth checking it out with them. ?

A

Anonymous

In believe the latest update on the french site was April 2011.

A

Anonymous

Has anyone had full 3D view on your Sat Nav including buildings?

When in the Highlands of Scotland last week, we started the car up one morning and everything on the Sat Nav had reverted back to French. We reset it back to English and hey presto, we suddenly had the mountains showing in 3D - something we'd tried to do before! However, as we drove home, although it was still in 3D, there was no sign of buildings as the handbook suggests there should be! :helpme:

A

Anonymous

yes, i had buildings in 3d when i took my last car to birmingham.

A

Anonymous

MARTHAMAY22 said:
Has anyone had full 3D view on your Sat Nav including buildings?

When in the Highlands of Scotland last week, we started the car up one morning and everything on the Sat Nav had reverted back to French. We reset it back to English and hey presto, we suddenly had the mountains showing in 3D - something we'd tried to do before! However, as we drove home, although it was still in 3D, there was no sign of buildings as the handbook suggests there should be! :helpme:

No, i've driven in built up town areas and it just show's the roads, i have changed the settings from 2D too 3D but it made no difference, am i doing something wrong ?

A

Anonymous

RCZGT200 said:

Hi Marcus, as you know i picked my car up from you in April and you kindly installed the speed cameras, would it be worth me updating my system or was the file you installed up to date. I have looked at the links that you have previously given and they still seem to work, i went through them but stopped short of downloading because i may already have that file/files installed. How do i check the file version on the NG4 ?
cheers,
kerry.

RCZ1

Reaction score
jactac said:
RCZGT200 said:

Hi Marcus, as you know i picked my car up from you in April and you kindly installed the speed cameras, would it be worth me updating my system or was the file you installed up to date. I have looked at the links that you have previously given and they still seem to work, i went through them but stopped short of downloading because i may already have that file/files installed. How do i check the file version on the NG4 ?
cheers,
kerry.

Oh isn't that nice, I must always be on jactac's mind ;) :D

A

Anonymous

hi jactac,

There is only certain parts of the country that are mapped for 3d mainly major cities, like i said the only time i saw it working was in birmingham, it actually surprised me as i had forgotten all about it :eusa-whistle:

You have the latest april speed camera file in your car :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

So my local Spar in Llansamlet won't stand out then. :lol:

Llansamlet to us local taffs is like Vegas in peak season. We even have a set of lamp posts that change colour, red then orange and finaly a lovely bright green, just like the grass where us lads go to visit the sheep. :eusa-shhh:

But thats another story, :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
So my local Spar in Llansamlet won't stand out then. :lol:

Llansamlet to us local taffs is like Vegas in peak season. We even have a set of lamp posts that change colour, red then orange and finaly a lovely bright green, just like the grass where us lads go to visit the sheep. :eusa-shhh:

But thats another story, :eusa-whistle:

And to think I let you in my showroom :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

You're lucky i was going to bring "Sheila Sheep" up to meet you, she's a bit of mutton dressed as lamb, but the lads think she's great . :eusa-whistle:

Just dont mention mint sauce or she's gets a right attitude on . :eek:

A

Anonymous

I emailed Peugeot about this as I was led to believe updates would be available via website, that was over a year ago and still waiting! they say you can get updates via Peugeot dealers who will be able to get them on a memory card, no mention of cost, yet to check out the accuracy of this, very poor of Peugeot not to has this up and running by now.#

A

Anonymous

You can get them as a monthly update for €8 per year from scdb.com I update mine every month. There are still a few errors on the speeds but always downwards not upwards so you have a margin for safety built in. It is something to do with the field the speed is encoded into the database being in KMH and being misread by the unit as it converts to MPH. They are correct in KMH.

The unit is made by Harmon Becker for Peugeot and is the same core unit used in many car sat nav systems. It is actually way more capable than the current implementation in the RCZ but for some reason Peugeot chose to lock down some of the functions. As an example it is capable of Bluetooth streaming as it stands but that is switched off. I am told by Becker there are plans in the future to issue software updates for the unit.

A

Anonymous

I just looked into the SCDB instructions and they will charge you an annual fee to download, so I googled "peugeot-wipcom.zip" and found some files to download, one was dated the 30th September 2011. Morally right or wrong, I am going to give this sucker a try and see if its up to date.

A

Anonymous

Just to give an update to this, the file that I downloaded worked fine in the NG4 however for me it wasn't as accurate as the Original Peugeot files as some of the speed camera's on the M1 had been removed, but replaced on the Map with additional ones that were in the roadworks a year or so ago. I also had problems with the updated speed camera's not being picked up for the direction of travel, something I didn't get with the Original ones.

So to summarise, its was free, possibly illegal and didn't cut the mustard as well as the original files and still had the same lower speed problem as well.

Now if I could only combine the two :) anyone any good at HEX editing?

A

Anonymous

RCZGT200 said:
hi jactac,

There is only certain parts of the country that are mapped for 3d mainly major cities, like i said the only time i saw it working was in birmingham, it actually surprised me as i had forgotten all about it :eusa-whistle:

You have the latest april speed camera file in your car :thumbup:

Dusseldorf is also in 3d!

A

Anonymous

i've noticed that a lot more is in 3D than i realised - it can depend on your level of zoom on the display. Zooming in on Nottingham the other day took it from 2D to lovely 3D.