What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Next car

howardf

Reaction score
2 1/2 years on from getting the Rcz as my company car, it's time to start looking at ordering its replacement.
I'm dreading this as I've enjoyed every minute of driving the Rcz.
I specified it up best I could from the options list (within company car scheme personal contribution cap) and I'm pretty happy that I got it right.

With the company car tax situation getting worse by the year it looks like it may be a hybrid (access to car list later this week).... BMW or c class

The deal clincher with the wife for me "upgrading" to the Rcz last time around was that if the price was right I would buy it for her when it came up for replacement! So hopefully it's not the end of the RCZ driving but the end of company car leasing and start of real ownership...
Fingers crossed they offer it me at a decent price..... I must be the only RCZ driver on here hoping for poor risidual value!!....H

howardf

Reaction score
Well the 3 year lease on the company car RCZ ends at midnight, so that ends that chapter :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

BUT ..... It's not goodbye ..... I've bought it from the lease company for my wife :thumbup: :thumbup:

Gave it a clean for her this afternoon and a bunch of flowers to mark the occasion......that should be me in the good books for a bit...
Just got the plates to change over when the log book comes through.

I'm in a horrible Vauxhall mokka for a week or so until the 330e arrives.

tianorth

Reaction score
Have you got any stalker cards for the new owner so they can join the forum?????

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Glad to hear that you have managed to keep the RCZ in the family. :thumbup:

and good luck with the 330e.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
My neighbour bought a new 18 plate Mokka, I saw her in a little Nova or similar the other day & asked where her new car was, - back in the Garage, the Turbo blew up :helpme:

RCZ-R

Reaction score
I also was checking the BMW 330e as my next ride. Very nice car. You get a lot of discounts and government bonuses. But then I found out they are limited at 140 MPH. Off the list it went... :lol:
I think I need a month of driving in a Chevrolet Matiz to calm the speed demon within me.

howardf

Reaction score
RCZ-R said:
I also was checking the BMW 330e as my next ride. Very nice car. You get a lot of discounts and government bonuses. But then I found out they are limited at 140 MPH. Off the list it went... :lol:
I think I need a month of driving in a Chevrolet Matiz to calm the speed demon within me.

Try a mokka ..... You feel travel sick it's that rolly .... It will make anything fell a good car!

Plecodoras

Reaction score
howardf said:
RCZ-R said:

Try a mokka ..... You feel travel sick it's that rolly .... It will make anything fell a good car!

I used to like the Nissan Juke got quite quirky looks, then when the leaf was in for service they loaned me one. Can't complain about the engine, it was pretty nippy for a 1.2L but the driving position - I just wish all those idiots like Chris Evans and other car journalists that slated the RCZ, would then try the Juke, they would know what awkward driving positions feel like. Terrible absolutely terrible, don't like them now at all.

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
RCZ-R said:
What you really need to calm your speed addiction is to drive one of the "flying standstill" models that some old gits round here without licences, and those who have "lost" them, drive. :sleeping-yellow:
Getting stuck behind one is as bad as an agricultural vehicle. :evil:
Here's an example:
http://www.aixam-mega.com/

RCZ-R

Reaction score
howardf said:
RCZ-R said:

:lol: this car would cure me forever. After having it there would be absolutely no passion for cars left within me.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Welcome to the BMW club haha. While the F30 is a great car, Ive heard the 330e isnt that great on MPG considering what it is.
That said, I'm sure as a company car, that wont matter lol. What spec did you go for?

howardf

Reaction score
Yes I appreciate the mpg will not be the best and know it's all a fiddle for the benefit in kind tax allowance
It makes me laugh how they can claim massive mpg,s but don't take into account how much it costs to charge... This alone brings the mpg figure down.

Anyway.....it's an M sport in the nice new sunset orange, grey alloy wheels, comfort pack, black and oyster leather, trim instead of the brushed alley effect.

Looked well on the configuration
Tell you more next week.......... Wife's already had enough of me telling ear to be careful where she parks!

Abzynthe

Reaction score
howardf said:
Yes I appreciate the mpg will not be the best and know it's all a fiddle for the benefit in kind tax allowance
It makes me laugh how they can claim massive mpg,s but don't take into account how much it costs to charge... This alone brings the mpg figure down.

Anyway.....it's an M sport in the nice new sunset orange, grey alloy wheels, comfort pack, black and oyster leather, trim instead of the brushed alley effect.

Looked well on the configuration
Tell you more next week.......... Wife's already had enough of me telling ear to be careful where she parks!

Sounds nice! Love the sunset orange. Mine doesn't have an orange option unless I went down the Individual route.