What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Ian Potter

Reaction score
Hi all and thanks for letting me join the forum. Just purchased a GT 200 bhp on a 2010 plate with only 56k on the clock. Recently mot’d and service stamps up to date, but looking at the mileage intervals I think it might have been off the road for a while. Would appreciate a list of “ must do” things to check etc. Also has this model a timing chain or belt? If so should this be changed along with the water pump soon? Finally as I’m having a mid life crisis I was considering a re-map but not sure if this is appropriate and if so should I consider other modifications. Sorry to bombard you all but looking forward to all the replies. Ian

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Ian and welcome to the forum, firstly are you sure you’ve got a 200bhp model as they didn’t do the 200 until 2012?
All the petrol engines are chains,diesel belt.
Remaps are awesome on these cars and totally transform them a good map will increase power and you’ll also get better fuel economy.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy your RCZ as much as us all on here...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Ian Potter

Reaction score
Hi Ian and welcome to the forum, firstly are you sure you’ve got a 200bhp model as they didn’t do the 200 until 2012?
All the petrol engines are chains,diesel belt.
Remaps are awesome on these cars and totally transform them a good map will increase power and you’ll also get better fuel economy.
Hi, thanks for the information. Checked v5 and definitely 200. Also inscribed on the top of the engine under bonnet. Can send you a pic to confirm. Drove it home yesterday and was very impressed by the performance. Definitely thinking to Remap as you say to improve economy as much as power. Not sure where you are but any recommendations in the South Wales area?

Ian Potter

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the information. Checked v5 and definitely 200. Also inscribed on the top of the engine under bonnet. Can send you a pic to confirm. Drove it home yesterday and was very impressed by the performance. Definitely thinking to Remap as you say to improve economy as much as power. Not sure where you are but any recommendations in the South Wales area?

Attachments

• F40225C7-6662-4EA6-8D7E-E47233BD8F1D.jpeg
    F40225C7-6662-4EA6-8D7E-E47233BD8F1D.jpeg
    42.4 KB · Views: 22

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes now there’s a thing🤔 the 200 has the updated Prince engine and I read somewhere only a little while ago that the 200 wasn’t released till 2012 so that was obviously wrong 🙄
I’m sure you’ll not regret a remap I’m over in West Yorkshire so cant recommend anyone near you but I would go for a company who have a rolling road and can show you the improved data. Just remember if your car has to go in to a dealer make sure you don’t let them update the software otherwise it will wipe your remap.

Ian Potter

Reaction score
Yes now there’s a thing🤔 the 200 has the updated Prince engine and I read somewhere only a little while ago that the 200 wasn’t released till 2012 so that was obviously wrong 🙄
I’m sure you’ll not regret a remap I’m over in West Yorkshire so cant recommend anyone near you but I would go for a company who have a rolling road and can show you the improved data. Just remember if your car has to go in to a dealer make sure you don’t let them update the software otherwise it will wipe your remap.
Thanks for

Ian Potter

Reaction score
Thanks again for your comment. There does seem to be some confusion relating to the year and engine spec. I will be having a remap on a rolling road shortly but in the present circumstances that might not be for some time. Will post the results when available. Thanks again, Ian

Old gh bug

Reaction score
mine is also a 200 bhp model on a 10 plate , like you i have only just got it so its not had much use at the moment!!