What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Newbie...Sonn To Be RCZ Owner.

A

Anonymous

Hi all,
well after a lot of shopping about and test driving I've decided on an RCZ and though it would be good to join the forums ;). I've settled for an Ashphalt my local delaer has in and I pick it up on 25th June (finance approval pending!). Bit of a wait but I currently have a copmpany car so have to wait until that goes back before I can switch.

I'll be lurking round the forums for a few months and one I get he car piccy's will be posted :)

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Good choice is the RCZ. However the Asphalt would be too scary for me. I like my car in pristine condition and feel that the extra time/effort required by the Asphalt would be too much. Hell they do look good though. Just dropped my car of at the dealership and they had a 12plate one sitting outside, assuming it is a staff car. So welcome to the forum anyways and ask any questions that you want answers to, as there is a large knowledge base on here.

A

Anonymous

Cheers :) yeah the cleaning aspect is going to take time and effort, I don't really mind doing it so hoefully it won't take much longer than it does now. I just loved the matt look, as long as the dealership don't screw up the clean process when it's ready I'll bea very happy chap in June!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the link Smiler, looks like an early xmas pressie from the Mrs's is required ;)

Smiler

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
And you should get some special products from Peugeot to help keep the paintwork looking good.
This is the kit i got with mine :D http://www.accessories.peugeot.co.uk/en ... it/9729GQ#
Contents: One wheel rim cleaner (500 ml spray); One fly remover (500 ml spray); One screen wash concentrate (500 ml bottle); One restorer for interior plastics (500 ml spray); One ice-scraper made of beech wood from managed forests
Not very Special except the ice- scraper :lol:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Smiler, below is a post from Marcus who runs the dealership at Milton Keynes who details which products each Asphalt member is given.

RCZ1 wrote:<br />So Marcus, does it come with some special cleaning products? If so, what? :D

Peugeot give each asphalt customer a very nice kit containing Peugeot approved shampoo, insect remover,tar remover,adhesive remover,micro fibre cloths, chamois leather...products from their own boutique range...I will post a piccy of it for you tomorrow.<br /><br />There is lots of dire warnings about how you look after it:<br /><br />&quot;Never clean the paint without water<br />Never use an automatic car wash with brushes or rollers<br />Never polish the vehicle or the alloy wheels. This will cause polished areas to appear in the paint<br />Never use paint cleaners, abrasive products or polishes or high gloss paint protection products (wax for example). These products are only suitable for non matt finishes. Using them on a vehicle with a matt finish will seriously damage the painted surface of the vehicle and in particular will cause IRREVERSIBLE staining or polished areas to appear.<br />Do not use high pressure jet wash lances fitted with brushes,they may scratch the paint<br />Never select a wash programme that finishes with a hot wax<br /><br />Never wash the vehicle using any abrasive cleaning equipment (cleaning brushes,household sponges etc) always use a high pressure jet was and cleaning materials made of soft,non abrasive materials (micro fibre,clean chamois leather etc)<br />Do not polish, nor apply wax, nor use abrasive household cleaners<br />Do not rub off deposits of any kind (bird droppings,insects,tar etc) but soak them with the appropriate cleaner to soften them and make their removal easier :wtf:

Smiler

Reaction score
Would you use a chamois leather on a matt car :shock: I had read about us owners getting a kit but was disappointed really not even any carwash. Sorry but i had to respond to Special and now Boutique range its far from it

RCZ1

Reaction score
:). No I wouldn't use a chamois on any car. I copied the post from Marcus to show what you should have got in your pack. If you haven't got all those products, then I would go back to your dealer and ask for them.

A

Anonymous

Cheers for the replies. I'm probably going to buy the Swissvax kit and use that from the start. I spoke to the dealer earlier this week to confirm it had the kit and yup it's ready to go with the car but I's still need wax and quick detailer, might as well just hammr the CC once ;)