What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Newbie Questions

Jimbrodie1

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Pick up my first RCZ tomorrow (2012, 2.0 HDI) and have a few questions. It's Nera Black and I've had them paint the wheels gloss black. It also has all the toys, sat nav, interior and lighting pack etc.

My questions which may have been asked before (sorry) are

I've bought a new Peugeot original quad exhaust for it which have a slightly square outlet at the back. I have seen the after market ones on eBay which have the round outlets (which I actually think look better) but can anyone tell which of the 2 are the best. And how do they sound against the original twin pipes.

Has anyone put the rear wheel spacers on ? If so how wide of spacers did you use and does it look much better from the rear.

Has anyone polished the brushed aluminium roof rails to a chrome like finish and how did they look.

Just a few things I'm thinking of doing over the next couple of months.

I've also seen a pic on here where the front Peugeot badge has had the trim removed and the Lion painted black (I think that is a big improvement on a black car) is the chrome trim just stuck on or does it have fixing holes that need to be filled and painted ?

Thanks for your help :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum :wave:

The original quad exhaust (Zunsport) are more square BUT they don't have a noticeable sound difference from the standard pipes. You would need the Ruffer system or others which are available if you want an improved exhaust note.

I'm not sure polishing the anodised aluminimum roof rails to a chrome finish is a good idea. You would be removing the coating which protects them...... !

I'm sure others will be along shortly to address your other questions, who know better than I do :)

A

Anonymous

There are a few members on here who have fitted spacers (one being RCZperformance) and they'll be able to offer you advice on that.

RCZ1 has answered many of your other questions but, having the original feline kit exhaust (as manufactured by Zunsports as RCZ1 points out and available through RCZperormance's online shop). I have found that it produces a subtle change to your engine note but nothing akin to the throatier noise that a performance exhaust system such as Bastuck, Ruffer systems etc will produce (also available through the aforementioned sponsor's shop). I wouldn't really say that the exhaust is squared however. I can't honestly now recall what the original exhaust was shaped like and perhaps these are slightly more oblong shaped? The pic is from my own RCZ with feline exhaust prior to changing the reg plate.

A

Anonymous

A

Anonymous

They are rather more circular aren't they?! Couldn't really recall them in all honesty.

I'd echo the comment above re the paintwork. Wow... :eek:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Snowy87 said:
dand87 said:
I need sunglasses on when looking at that paintwork...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes Rizz's car is gleaming aint it :lol: :lol:

Oh, so is yours RCZ 1 :D :D

:beer:

Cheeky ;)

Mr Rizz's backend does look sparkling too :thumbup: he must have given it a good clean ;)

A

Anonymous

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm proud to announce that I am almost fully house trained too. ;)

Abzynthe

Reaction score
I have an ulter sport performance back box and quads. They make no difference in sound but look alot better than the standard exhaust.
I havent seen anyone chrome the roof rails, but might look quite good. Ive gone the other way and wrapped mine in black carbon vinyl.
The quickest way to paint you badges is using plati dip as you dont even need to take them off, you just mask around it and peel off any excess.

I have 15mm spacers on my car, but I also have wider wheels so the stance looks nice from behind IMO :)

Jimbrodie1

Reaction score
Thanks for the replays guys and sorry for the repeat question in a later post. I couldn't find this post as I expected it to appear in the thread area I posted it, not in a separate area for new posts. First forum I've known to do it this way.

Think I may go for the Ruffer RSii http://shop.rczperformance.com/Ruffer-R ... 4E1239.htm sounds and looks pretty good to me. Anyone got one ?

Jimbrodie1

Reaction score
Abzynthe said:
I have 15mm spacers on my car, but I also have wider wheels so the stance looks nice from behind IMO :)

Thanks for the reply. I take it you don't you have any issues with clearance on the rear wheel arches ?

RCZ1

Reaction score
Jimbrodie1 said:
Thanks for the replays guys and sorry for the repeat question in a later post. I couldn't find this post as I expected it to appear in the thread area I posted it, not in a separate area for new posts. First forum I've known to do it this way.

Hi, you originally posted this thread in the Member's Gallery section, which is primarily for showing photos of your car. For this reason, I moved it into RCZ General section as you had several varied questions which is where I thought it would get the best response.

We always ask members to make sure they post their questions in the most relevant section. You can search for "new posts" or "active topics" to find the most recent / new posts :)

Jimbrodie1

Reaction score
Yeh thanks for that.

I realised I had posted it in the wrong location when I tried to find it.

I only found the forum through a link from somewhere else and didn't realise it was such a large well organised forum. I thought there was only one thread :eusa-think:

I am well impressed with the responses so far thanks all :dance:

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Jimbrodie1 said:
Abzynthe said:

Thanks for the reply. I take it you don't you have any issues with clearance on the rear wheel arches ?

No issues at all. I have 255/35 tyres on the back and they are about 1mm from the edge so no rubbing on the bumps but looks flush with the bodywork :)

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
We can help in any way you want when it comes to performance items for your RCZ. We have the Ruffer exhaust system on our car and it is the best for sound and performance gains.

Spacers can be used with factory wheels, usually 10mm front and 12mm rear (per-wheel and without the car being lowered too much using factory size tyres). With after-market wheels the off-set varies and in most cases spacers are needed (unless custom made for the RCZ which there are very few of these wheels as the RCZ shares the same bolt pattern as other Peugeot's).

The arches do come of and so if you are going to polish them that is what you will need to do. The RCZ LE had polished arches (200 of these were put out).

The entire badge can be removed without removing the front bumper and it can be painted as needed. The chrome parts of this badge are part of the badge and are not removable. We can get you a spare badge if interested so that you can have it painted and then R&R in one go. You will need to have a heat source to melt the plastic tabs that hold it in place.

Check out our website and shop and FB page using the links in our signature.

DanRo

Reaction score
About the spacers...

I kept the original ET measures, but I used widther wheels => 9" in the front and 9,5" in the back
This way the wheels aline perfect with the outside of the body and you don't need spacers :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

You can get the badges black with plastidip spray but a body shop sprayed mine Matt black when they debadged it

DanRo

Reaction score
Jimbrodie1 said:
Abzynthe said:

I have 265/330 in the back on 20 inch wheel with ET27 (original ET valeu) and the tyres don't rub the arches