What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Newbie - journey to buy

Rob8781

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

New to the forum, not new to Peugeot.

I have yet to buy but now on the look out for a white RCZ. I've had a 206 & 2 x 207 GT's. I had my first test drive today and loved it, Peugeot have actually made a very good car!

Looking at the GT model, had my heart set on a diesel until I drove the petrol today. Very nice sounding & performing engine. Never had a white car & the RCZ looks awesome in white!

Anyway wish me luck on my search for the perfect RCZ.

Rob

Nemi

Reaction score
Hey :wave:

Pearl white looks awesome at sunset :thumbup: good luck finding white RCZ :cool:

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Good luck. hope you find the one you want.
I have a 200 petrol, and it is indeed very fun to drive. It revs as much as you want it to, and should still get knocking on 40mpg day in day out.

Nemi

Reaction score
Also, which petrol did you try? THP156? THP200? THP270? GT is just a trim level (smaller steering wheel, leather seats, bigger wheels and some other things). Both THP156 and THP200 (and diesel?) come in GT trim level, if i am not mistaken :crazy:

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
mikwasrotrext said:
Rob, is HDi accerlerating much faster then THP200?

No, it has about 30bhp less and is a second slower to 60 and approx 12mph slower at top speed.

Not that any of that matters.

Rob8781

Reaction score
I test drove the 156 BHP version. It's delivery was much more enjoyable then my girlfriends Cooper S which shares the same engine.

I'd prefer the 156 or the 200. The R is a little out of my price range and I don't fancy paying the maintenance costs. I couldn't believe how much a set of disc brakes cost on the R!

Guppy

Reaction score
Hi Rod,

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the planet, and good luck with your search :thumbup:

PS. the 'black pack' looks fab with the white body work.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome, your in a great position :thumbup: a bit like a kid in a candy shop! :dance: all I can say is there are loads of z’s out there for sale all look amazing so you have to let your head rule your heart buy a good well loved car with good service history but most of all if buying a petrol make sure the timing kit has been replaced with receipts to prove that goes for MK1s but it’s not unheard of on MK2s. Give the car a good test drive and let the car Stand ticking over for a while any lumpiness can indicate problems.

Good luck let us know how you get on.

Ps there are a couple of nice Rs on eBay that look cheap :beer:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I have driven the 156 and 200. I have seen the sport & GT trims. The 200 is noticeably faster than the 156, and the GT trim is better than the sport & second HanD, the price difference will be negligible, so go for a 200GT if you can. The Mk2 2013 on, seems to be quite a bit better on reliability as they fitted modified parts as standard. But as has been pointed out, you still need to take care whichever model you look at.
The Z is a beautiful car, so don’t be tempted to jump in for the first one you try. It might look fantastic, but they all do, so make sure it’s mechanically sound before parting with your hard earned.

Then get some pics on here once your Z finds you :thumbup:

Rob8781

Reaction score
Thanks all for the welcome & tips.

I've spotted a couple of mk1's that I like to look of. Other than checking for a documented timing chain replacement, what else should I look for?

I've now extended my search to grey or white but have sat nav.

Thanks

Rob

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacking points always a good thing to make sure they’re not damaged, hands and knees job I’m afraid :lol: but they’re costly to repair

Nemi

Reaction score
Try to slowly move car in first gear and in reverse, check if there aren't any grinding noises. Also check for knocking sound when car is idling. These may indicate clutch problems (pretty expensive). I have posted sound samples here viewtopic.php?p=134950#p134950

Rob8781

Reaction score
So it's taken me nearly 3 months to find the right RCZ and now I can say I'm now an owner of an RCZ Asphalt.

Love the car! Image for attention...

The car used to belong to a member of the forum, still has part of the forum sticker in the passenger side window lol.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Great looking Z! And quite rare also being an asphalt quite different to the white you were looking for :lol: they do look cool with the satin paint. :thumbup:

Rob8781

Reaction score
Thanks Neil.

I never knew the Asphalt Edition existed until a couple of weeks ago and that was it, I had to have one. Great spec & colour, this one has very low mileage and full pug service history.