What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Newbie introduction

Larryb

Reaction score
Hi everyone
Newbie here
Owned Asphalt since new
Around 24000 miles now
Enjoyed ownership as a second car
Although the paint job has caused a little anxiety over the years!
More pressing issues now with the Possibility of a replacement ABS module but determined to keep the car
Hope the RCZ community can help as I’m very disappointed with the dealer which is another story!
Looking forward to membership
Thanks

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome to the forum think 🤔 you are only a handful of RCZers on this forum who's had there RCZs from new... Hope you have many happy miles with smiles ahead...
Sure soneone will be able to help you out...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Dingers

Reaction score
Welcome Larry 🙂 Have you considered having the unit repaired by ecu.testing ? It could save you a hefty bill .... 👍

Larryb

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply
I would prefer to have the module tested
But they don’t recognise the part no given to me by Peugeot, they asked me to get it from the unit itself, they also stated that U1213 often isn’t the ecu ! And is externaland I’m not sure where it is!
Furthermore the unit would have to be removed and replaced by a mechanic which I’m currently finding difficult for one reason or another so I’m in limbo Atm
Considering buying a code reader to extinguish the warning lights as the mot is due soon
Thankyou for your interest

Larryb

Reaction score
Update on abs/ecu module
Used my rcz on the weekend 20 mile drive
One way, preparing for the return journey engine running an array of lights on dashboard. Not just my usual yellow abs/ esp lights but large red triangle brake failure
And stop!
Not just that handbrake light on( it was off)
Flashing headlamp symbol
Engine warning light on
Not only that my passenger seat went fully reclined and the spoiler went fully up!
What the ell was going on!
Called in the RAC , (thankfully)
He put on his code reader
C 1325 speed sensor rear
C1330 speed sensor front
C 1387 speed sensor
And of course U 1231
So he disconnected the battery
pulled out all the plugs from the body control module then put everything back in reverse order
Started up and all back to normal except the abs/ecu lights he said it must of had a hissy fit! And advised me to get it to the dealer asap Drove home 20 miles anxiously all ok !
So the question is now as fate as played apart with the car breaking down
Could the problem of the abs/ecu now be the two wheel sensors after all! the dealer who diagnosed the U1231 said it was the abs/ecu module, could they be mistaken and missed the faulty wheel sensors.
I don’t know wether to put that to them
Or go to another garage and start over with this new information
I enquired at a motor factors they informed me the sensors are dealer supplied only
Appreciate any comments or advice
Thanks

Pedro

Reaction score
U1231 is loss of serial communication between class 2 electrical devices fitted to any vehicle so it may be the speed sensor data is not being picked up by the module due to wheel sensors being at fault?

Jumper

Reaction score
If it was me I'd change the wheek sensor's first. See what its like after that. Cheaper than an replacing the ABS unit/pump.

Larryb

Reaction score
Update Halford auto centre confirmed 1 front and 1 rear sensor faulty
Abs/rear speed sensor dealer supply only, none in the UK currently
Awaiting supply from Germany(made by Bosch? I assume)

Larryb

Reaction score
Update -no rear sensor in the uk
Dealer supply only
So a waiting game
MOT due soon
Rear spoiler up again
Engine management light on
Fan running continuously
Confused why this is all linked to speed sensors

Larryb

Reaction score
Speed sensor update
Halfords finally were able to get and fit the two wheel sensors on Friday and success!! the abs/ esp issue is resolved and no more fault lights, so far so good after test driving today
Just a reminder that the Peugeot dealer wanted to change the ecu module at a cost of £1500! Halfords charged £200
Thanks to Pedro and jumper for your help
I can now mot the car too, a great relief
I hope my experience will help others in the forum If they have similar problems

Jumper

Reaction score
Speed sensor update
Halfords finally were able to get and fit the two wheel sensors on Friday and success!! the abs/ esp issue is resolved and no more fault lights, so far so good after test driving today
Just a reminder that the Peugeot dealer wanted to change the ecu module at a cost of £1500! Halfords charged £200
Thanks to Pedro and jumper for your help
I can now mot the car too, a great relief
I hope my experience will help others in the forum If they have similar problems
Nice one glad you got it sorted

Germd

Reaction score
Hi just saw your post .very informative and helpful. I had same problem so bought autel autolink al619eu obd reader with abs / airbag etc etc.
Cleared everything and tells you where the fault is on car with code . Mine was a faulty rear drivers side abs sensor which I took off and cleaned and no more codes or engine faults .
Worth buying one for future reference I might add. Thanks for your post ,☺️

Larryb

Reaction score
Thanks for your message
I have considered purchasing a code reader
And will go on your recommendation as there are so many to choose from
Glad you were able to salvage your sensor

Germd

Reaction score
Yeah I got the tip from here on what one to buy . It's about 90 euro or 70-80 pounds .well worth it anyhow.Has lifetime updates as well.If your rear abs sensor goes .it's impossible and expensive to get a rcz one .get this instead ABS Speed Sensor For Citroën C4 Peugeot 307 308 Rear Left Or Right part number 4545.L0. It's the exact same one .lots of parts from 308 used on rcz.
Hope this helps. Also if you search for rcz workshop manual on this forum .it will link you to the official Peugeot one to download on to computer. It's free buts it's 14 GB but has everything on it .step by step . how long it takes .part numbers etc etc . invaluable as Hynes never did a manual