What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Newbie in south london...

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

so - took delivery of my RCZ the week before christmas, so thought I better get on the old forum and introduce myself :)

loving it so far with no issues whatsoever (except a phone set up query, which was me being stupid and already been sorted by RCZ1(thanks again)...

i have the 1.6 156 GT in charcoal grey after much searching for a new car over the last 6 months, after happily owning a Vauxhall TwinTop (2.0T)...it was at first a toss between a TT, 3 Series or A5 but when I saw this advertised on the M25 (anti-clockwise) past dartford I fell in love with the design/styling and never looked back (of course, took a bit of stick from the German GF, but what do you expect?!?)...

after a test drive, I much prefered the overall value, spec and style compared to anything else and when it pulled up on my drive, i think stared at the thing for about 15 minutes solid!! - really is a stunner and stands out a mile to anything else on my street!

anyway, looking forward to many happy miles, drove it to the south coast over xmas and loved every mile!! helped that the roads were dead though :)

Interested in some potential meets if they aren't too far out...

happy new year :)

RCZ1

Reaction score
Welcome indeed and glad you are enjoying your RCZ :thumbup:

That keep looking at it thing............ It never goes away........... I can't ever walk away from mine without taking another look....... Simply gorgeous :D

Hopefully there will be a few more meets coming up this year :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

:text-welcomewave: :happy-wavemulticolor: :text-welcomewave: Pleased to hear once again the experiences of a new owner. Nothing new in what you say. We all feel those feelings and as RCZ1 has said...... they do not go away :thumbup: The syndrome that you describe is well documented and goes, not surprisingly, under the name "RCZ Syndrome" You will find yourself taking a backward glance as you walk away also. I came to the RCZ from owning two consecrative TwinTops. I enjoyed them both, but once I had parked next to an RCZ.... it looked so dated and at 18month old, it just had to be superseded :beer: .

Wishing you many more miles and smiles :beer:

A

Anonymous

thanks guys... 0058RON, funny, there's a TwinTop on my street and I remember when I brought mine, thinking it looked the best out of all the hardtop converts...but next to the RCZ it's no contest on looks (and drive to be fair)...

also, is it me or does the car look a lot more expensive than it is too? I've had a few people come up and suggest I must have spent a shedload on it! and a couple of my mates said it looks like a baby Veron from the back, can't say I agree, but great to hear!!

...and guys, this "RCZ syndrome", are sore necks and lampost injuries with all the second looks part of the prognosis? ;-)

A

Anonymous

richieb23 said:
...and guys, this "RCZ syndrome", are sore necks and lampost injuries with all the second looks part of the prognosis? ;-)
Those particular symptoms have not been reported (as yet) As for looking like it cost more than it did, one member overheard a discussion suggesting his RCZ "must be £80,000 worth of car" It was a lot of money to me as I lost £18k on my TwinTop, but I was beginning to get a bit nervous about ownership of it (roof mechanism) so I took the hit. What else can you do after test driving an RCZ ?

A

Anonymous

i remember first seeing the ad for the car as you drive into Birmingham off of the M6 and thought it must be around 35-40k worth of motor, so was very surprised when I saw the starting price - cheaper and better looking than the TT? go.on.then. :)
my thing I'm not too sure of though is the lights...surely i thought Peugeot would have LED lights on or something? as they are very yellow - has anyone changed this themselves? if so, whats the cost to this? I think it would improve the look even further if there was LED DRL or something like that?!!?

ah, the TwinTop roof, made me nervous everytime...when I first brought it, the roof worked when it felt like it (main issue, the "fins" wouldn't slide out properly) then I found out that revving the engine sorts that out and it never once failed thereafter! but thats a convo for the TwinTop forum!!