What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Newbie in Dorset

A

Anonymous

Hi :thumbup:
Pick up my 200GT tomorrow. Blue with grey leather. It is actually a 'used' car (not demo) but just 4 months old with 3,500 miles on. Apparently some older guy who changes his car about twice a year traded it in against a Fiat 500! I'm happy because its quite a big £££ saving for me.
Trading in my lovely black 400bhp Jaguar xjr, which has been the best car I have ever owned, but with 109k miles on and only getting 19mpg I decided to downsize to something cheaper to run but fun to drive :D
Cheers,
Chris

A

Anonymous

Congrats Chris. Certainly going to be a different ride to that Jag

A

Anonymous

Bought a demo like you and don't regret it as big savng. Lovely car - maybe only criticism is quite a harsh ride! My 200GT is shark grey with extra leather, sat nav and vision pack

A

Anonymous

I will miss the Jag comfort for sure - it eats up the miles on fast roads but is quite demanding on country lanes etc (it is under-braked and the autobox doesn't help), which is what most of my driving is these days. I've had it for over 3 years and about 30k miles - but is now starting to show its age with niggly and expensive things needing doing. Also costs £85 to fill the tank and only managing about 270 miles max, which is crazy for a daily driver.

Looking forward to tomorrow - unusual for a Monday :lol:

Chris

A

Anonymous

it will be your best ever monday, watch out for the admiring glances and enjoy.

A

Anonymous

Hi chrisj and welcome to the forum, and by the time you read this, also welcome to the Owners' Club :clap: :greetings-wavingblue: . I hope (nay, am sure) you won't be disappointed in changing from the Jag. The RCZ isn't quite as luxurious as I'm sure a Jag is (have never sat in one) but its finish is great and I personally can't fault the quality at all. My driving is nearly all eaten up by commuter bumper-to-bumper stuff but I manage around 37mpg so that's not too bad. Still, I didn't buy it for the fuel performance :beer: .

A

Anonymous

hi and welcome to the RCZ world , i am come in dorset on tuesday 15 feb for a week

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the welcomes - I am now in the Owners Club :dance:

My 50 mile drive home consisted of a mixture of motorway, A roads, B roads and country lanes. It is as good as I thought it was on the 5 minute test drive, and I agree it does seem really well put together. It is amazing how much power they have managed to extract from such a small engine.
The only thing I have found odd so far is the directional lighting, which is wierd when you've never experienced it before. I'll get used to it though.
Definitely plan to get a spacesaver spare wheel (great idea- thanks to this forum) for peace of mind.

I'm off on holiday tomorrow for a few days, so best get packing.

Cheers :beer:

Chris

p.s.

@brittenterry
hi and welcome to the RCZ world , i am come in dorset on tuesday 15 feb for a week

Have a great time - it is a beautiful county ... lots to see and do on the coast and up in the rural north. Hope you get some decent weather.