What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Newbie here

A

Anonymous

Hi there
I've had m RCZ for 2 weeks and I cant stop looking at it :crazy:
Right so I am a girlie and not very tall. I find the clutch quite high, I keep finding that I'm leaving my foot on the clutch which gets slightly depressed in. Can anyone advise whether I am damaging my clutch please ?

A

Anonymous

Nope.. its my only gripe about the car really too... the pedal layout is awfyl :lol:

A

Anonymous

Thanks was sure whether I was burning the clutch. I did this on day 3 by revving high to see how fast it would go quickly. I now know this wasn't a very good idea! The smell was awful (sorry RCZ) :(

A

Anonymous

:happy-wavemulticolor: :text-welcomewave: :text-blondmoment:

Jimbrodie1

Reaction score
Hi Kin,

Welcome aboard.

The high clutch on the petrol cars is one of the main reasons I went for the diesel, which has a normal clutch as you would find in most other cars.

If you drive with your foot rested on the pedal there is a chance you will be slightly riding the clutch and you will burn it out. That is what the smell is you have mentioned.

Buy a footrest from RCZ Performance, I'm sure Steve will be along shortly and can sort you out. This will help to give you somewhere designated to put your left foot. But for now avoid driving with your foot on the pedal, it will end in tears and an expensive clutch replacement which will not be covered by your warranty :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

You'll adapt your driving style pretty swiftly so I wouldn't worry about it. The high clutch is actually awesome for quick gear changes and I can't to love it. It's the same in my new Astra VXR. Love the fact that you wanted to see how quickly it would "go fast"! :lol: Spoken like a petrolhead!

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Try not to worry, you'll get used to it so just enjoy the car. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Hello and Welcome.

I've had mine for a month now and I still keep looking at her as well.