What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Newbie Here :)

Scarborough

Reaction score
Hi, pleased to meet you all, my name is Steve and last year we bought a lovely Peugeot RCZ Gt THP 156 2011 to be our second car for trips out etc. Unfortunately within 2 months we suffered the dreaded RCZ electronic faults and it has been in and out of the garages in my local area ever since.

Its a real shame as the car is stunning and drives like a dream. But error messages persist, even after replacing battery management unit. Hair is very grey now!!

Attachments

• RCZ.jpg
    RCZ.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 9

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Steve
Welcome to the forum
Just wondering what issues you have had with your RCZ.... As you are just up the road from me and a few members and always happy to help out fellow RCZers...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Scarborough

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the welcome.

Issues, well...started with a Battery fault/electric supply error message which continues. Then Abs warning light, Esr warning light with fault message.

Local garage had car for months and couldn't get it sorted, replaced battery control unit but hasn't made any difference.

Car drives perfect just annoying

Balder

Reaction score
Disconnect altonator wire from battery unit on the altonator.

Kyemin

Reaction score
Voltage problems, maybe? Alternator problem, he says. Wiring?! Or even something simple. Did anyone ever tried to install anything on a fuse from the CPU? You might be getting wrong readings because of some CPU sensible flaw. I actually don't know if it's even possible to reset it, but I would start by going to the fuse box and check if everything is right. Might sound silly but some people add dashcams, GPS or other stuff on the CPU's fuses and create memory problems on CPU's that are translated into faulty errors. It's a long shot but... There's probably people here who know more about your problem than me, but I would start there. Never install anything on the same fuse of the CPU or attached CPU services. Just saying. :S

Scarborough

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Fuse box checked, alternator checked, battery control unit replaced...Next steps will be wiring

Kyemin

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Fuse box checked, alternator checked, battery control unit replaced...Next steps will be wiring
Hope you find the problem and fix it easily. Please tell us what it was if so. Thank you. ;)

Pedro

Reaction score
Clear all the old codes & start again get a proper voltage drop test done asap as that will pick up any electrical problems occurring in the cars systems even a bad Alternator/starter motor will cause issues with the power supply