What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New RCZ owner from Kent.

Jeffers

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Name's Geoff. I've just bought a 2011 HDI with 36000 miles. Black with stock black wheels.
I have already got a few queries so I shall be lurking here for the foreseeable future methinks!

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Eyup Jeffers !!

That'l b a reat warm welcome from up Norf !!

Seriously, :happy-wavemulticolor: :text-welcomewave: :happy-wavemulticolor:

This forum has a wealth of info on it and if you can't find it just ask, we are a friendly bunch on here, if you don't look at the eleven fingers LOL !!

Here's to that Joker Smile which you will have planted on your face from now on.

Watch out for the rubber neckers who just have to have another glance.

Good luck and happy rides.

Cheers M.. :beer:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum Geoff :greetings-wavingblue: as Plecodoras said don’t be afraid to ask any questions there are plenty here to offer advice and assistance.
Try and upload some photos of your new pride and joy we never get tired of seeing shots of gorgeous RCZ’s :dance:

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Geoff and welcome to the forum
Enjoy your drive with a big smile on your face
Cheers Les.

Jeffers

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome!
The narrow Victorian back streets of Maidstone have already caused me to "christen" the rims! Both n/s rims
once gloss black are now in need of some tlc. Irregular granite kerbs take no prisoners!
Before I can post some pics I have to reduce the size of my images as they're all large files.
A bit of background about me!
Retired electro-mechanical engineer and a biker for over 50years. Now various health issues have stopped my two and three wheel fun so I decided to look around for a two seater. So I sold my car (C4 diesel, I am a PSA diesel fan!) and have presently got my Can-Am Spyder for sale in AutoTrader. The sale of the Spyder will finance the running costs (wheel rims!) of the RCZ. I was genuinely surprised how wide the RCZ is! I think it may be wider than my old Volvo 850! As a DoT approved motor cycle instructor I'm supposed to be able to drive competently but this really caught me out.
I have many questions so I'll try to post them in the appropriate parts of the forum.

Woodso

Reaction score
We have a 2102 Citreon C4 Diesel for the wife as well as my RCZ. Like you I think the engine on the C4 is cracking and has never given an issue in 60,000 miles.

When the two cars are together with the bonnet up on 1st glance you would swear they are the same engine.

Jeffers

Reaction score
That 1560cc PSA diesel motor is a cracking engine provided that you feed it the correct oil and observe servicing intervals. My first was in a M92 (06) Berlingo which was a superb vehicle and I still really miss it! It was chipped to run smoothly at 30mph in top and on a long run it gave 60+mpg.....it was quite happy to cruise at well over 70mph! The second one was the Euro6 rated 1560 in my C4 Cactus hugely economic to run with zero road tax but it was just too "pipe & slippers" for me!

Plecodoras

Reaction score
I have to admit to also being a fan of the PSA Diesels.
Having had 8 2ltre hdi's ..
2 X Picasso, 5 X 307cc and finally to now with the hdi RCZ. But I loved my last Picasso which I got from new, it was the old shape Zara Picasso but with the super frugal 1560 alloy engine. I used to get regularly 60+ mph and could chuck anything in it, it was a true work horse.
But like you say a lot like slippers and pipe brigade.
I do miss it though !!!

Cheers M..

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Plagiarism eh :shock: I was going to look that up along with Procrastination, but I think I’ll leave it until tomorrow :eusa-think:

Jeffers

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
Eh Jeffers

That signature looks awfully like mine? LOL

I'm a big time Goon Show fan and as I'm older than you I claim first dibs!! LOL :lol:
That is a quote from either "The Scarlet capsule" or "Tales of men's Shirts (A story of downunder!)"
So there!

Jeffers

Reaction score
Actually the literal quote would be:
[Neddy Seagoon] "Laugh and the world laughs with you, they say."
[Wallace Greenslade] "You've proved them wrong, haven't you, Neddy!"

Sorry about that but I can almost recite that script off the top of my head!

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Ten miles he swam. The last three were agony.
They were over land.
Finally I fell in a heap on the ground.
I've no idea who left it there. !!

Plecodoras

Reaction score
We've come to disconnect your phone.
I haven't got one!
It's ok we've brought one with us.

This thread isn't long enough to put all the quotes up ha ha ha.
Cheers M...

Jeffers

Reaction score
From "The scarlet capsule" : It's the head of a skull! Must be a woman; the mouth's open!"
We'll never see humour like that again........although Kenny Everett gave it a fair shot:

From Kremmen of the Star Corps: [Kremmen] "Last week I joined the new country club which has just opened near me"
[Karla] "Really, Captain?"
[Kremmen] "Yes, Karla, I'm a country member."
[Karla] "OK, Captain, I'll remember!"