What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New pics

LeeS69

Reaction score
Hi again

Finally got round to doing some better pics today!

Gave her a wash and a polish... Flaps only up from washing, forget to put it back down!

Lee

LeeS69

Reaction score
Do need to sort the high level brake light, shabby work by peugeot on that for so many LEDs to fail (you can't see it in the pic of course). Anyone managed to split/repair one yet?? I know there were threads about it before but none seem to have completed the process?

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Well what can I say Lee, but another smart looking RCZ...
Looks really well... Safe motoring enjoy your drive

Les

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
LeeS69 said:
Do need to sort the high level brake light, shabby work by peugeot on that for so many LEDs to fail (you can't see it in the pic of course). Anyone managed to split/repair one yet?? I know there were threads about it before but none seem to have completed the process?
I don’t know of anyone repairing one but should be possible it’s splitting the unit that will be tricky :eusa-think:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Nice looking motor Lee, a late mk1 in Dolphin blue - love it and good job with the cleaning, looks spot on ! :thumbup:

LeeS69

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
LeeS69 said:
I don’t know of anyone repairing one but should be possible it’s splitting the unit that will be tricky :eusa-think:

Exactly, I'm an electronics engineer anyway so once in it shouldn't be a problem. But if it's a nightmare to split it's a waste of time trying, trouble is will the replacement factory unit be as bad for failing??

Plecodoras

Reaction score
LeeS69 said:
neilgsxr69 said:
LeeS69 said:

Exactly, I'm an electronics engineer anyway so once in it shouldn't be a problem. But if it's a nightmare to split it's a waste of time trying, trouble is will the replacement factory unit be as bad for failing??

In short - Yes !

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I can’t see why the replacements would be any better unless you could identify where any water (if that’s what the problem is) is getting into the old unit and then trying to seal the new unit?
I once saw a new unit for sale on eBay for £60 and I didn’t buy it ! :oops: now I have one led out :eek: I think Peugeot ask around £120 for a replacement unit but people are catching on that it’s a common problem and are asking silly money for second hand units even ones with leds out! :x