What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New / Old car worries

BGBJay

Reaction score
Hiya, new to the forum and looking at purchasing a 2015 RCZ GT 156 THP. Have read an awful lot of reviews that would suggest the engine has lots of problems, does the 2015 version share the same problems or was it updated. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as taking delivery of the car next week.. 👍👍

Nemi

Reaction score
2015 version still has problems but slightly less ;) If you really like this car, then those problems will not be big issue for you, just fix (if needed) and enjoy the car 👍 I had some problems (HPFP, chain, thermostat) with 2013 model but still love my RCZ. Another option would be to pick RCZ diesel if you want to have less problems.

Ginge2202

Reaction score
Hiya, new to the forum and looking at purchasing a 2015 RCZ GT 156 THP. Have read an awful lot of reviews that would suggest the engine has lots of problems, does the 2015 version share the same problems or was it updated. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as taking delivery of the car next week.. 👍👍
Make sure you get a good warranty with the car. This should cover any problems you have.

BGBJay

Reaction score
Make sure you get a good warranty with the car. This should cover any problems you have.
Cheers, the car will come with a three year warranty provided by RAMP, not sure how good they are but it does give some peace of mind..

BGBJay

Reaction score
2015 version still has problems but slightly less ;) If you really like this car, then those problems will not be big issue for you, just fix (if needed) and enjoy the car 👍 I had some problems (HPFP, chain, thermostat) with 2013 model but still love my RCZ. Another option would be to pick RCZ diesel if you want to have less problems.
Cheers, The car is a really clean example, low millage with full service history. The chain etc has never been done so hopefully all will be good.. The car looks amazing in red.. v exited but also slightly anxious going from a gen 3 F56 1.2 mini one.. appreciate your comments. cheers J

Pedro

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum I believe after the 2013 facelift Peugeot/BMW beefed up the Timing chain components due to ongoing failures with the Chain guides
The only thing owners have come to realize with the Prince Engines is the Oil is the key to its Longevity & performance therefore Oil service is better carried out before a recommended service is due a tip would be between 3.500/4.500-5000 but as mileage is increased to the mid 40/50.000 range between 4/5000 is plausible this will greatly prolong the life of the Engine I use the Quartz Ineo Low saps code 3 5.30w gives longer & better protection to the main components

BGBJay

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum I believe after the 2013 facelift Peugeot/BMW beefed up the Timing chain components due to ongoing failures with the Chain guides
The only thing owners have come to realize with the Prince Engines is the Oil is the key to its Longevity & performance therefore Oil service is better carried out before a recommended service is due a tip would be between 3.500/4.500-5000 but as mileage is increased to the mid 40/50.000 range between 4/5000 is plausible this will greatly prolong the life of the Engine I use the Quartz Ineo Low saps code 3 5.30w gives longer & better protection to the main components
Thank you for the welcome and the useful information, I didn't realize changing the oil at that sort of intervals made such a difference. I'm used to 1 a year job really but not an issue if it helps.. the one I'm picking up is a 1.6 THP GT 2 owner with 32k on the clock, very clean example but you can never tell can you. Looking forward to having it delivered.. more fun than a dominos delivery LOL