What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New member, had the car a while

SimonIOW

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've had my 2010 RCZ GT Hdi for over a year and a half now. Its not been driven much the past year as its my commuter and been working from home. The car clearly doesn't like being sat and not driven. The leather dash has started to warp, the egr is on the way out and there seems to be a very small leak into the passenger footwell and the carpet grows mould every few weeks. It's a lovely car and im looking to iron out the niggles. It's also got the auto levelling xenon projector headlights and ng4 rt6 (flickers like crazy atm, dodgy cable I presume) satnav and jbl sound system and 19 inch sortilege wheels. So in my view for the age has good specs. It's throwing up a few fault codes which I also want to sort out. It cost me 4700 in 2019 with 76k on the clock and full service history. I'll be posting to get more information on the things I want to sort, whilst it's not being driven regularly. Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190908-123923_Facebook~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20190908-123923_Facebook~2.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 12

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Simon and welcome to the forum bet there's not too many RCZ on the island....
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Jumper

Reaction score
Hiya Simon. I can't help you with the hdi engine wise as I have a 156. The NG4 sat nav issue with flickering screen can easily be sorted out by replacing the cable from the screen to the headunit its a common problem. I picked up a cable from a 308 at a French Car scrap yard but I have also seen them on Ebay approx £30. A bit fiddly to do as you have to open up the screen to fit it or an auto electrician would do it.
The leak into the footwell will be the source of the mould/mildew and could be coming from the front scuttle under the wipers. There are drain holes in the body under it and they can get blocked with leaves, moths and crap. This causes rain water to build up and run into the cabin via the bulkhead. Check under the scuttle. As for the dash I would take the car to a car seat repairer they may be able to advise. In the mean time buy a sun visor the ones that cover the whole screen to prevent anymore sun damage. Good luck
Cable.jpg

Head Unit.jpg
Screen.jpg

SimonIOW

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome! Yes the RCZ is a rare sight on the Isle of Wight. I work on the mainland, so usually I keep it over there. However when I've driven it on the island it gets a lot of double takes and comments.

Thanks for addtional information! So I resume for the cable its cross compatible between the 308 and RCZ. Im handy with a tool kit so usually find i can do most jobs on my own which keeps costs down. I'll remove the scuttle over the weekend and take a peek. Hopefully thats the source of the problem.

Last time i started the car, the ECU light didn't come on so I'm tempted to run some fuel additive through the system and the car a good thrash... See what happens.