What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New "happy" RCZ owner

A

Anonymous

Hello.

Today was the day. I was supposed to get my brand new Harian Grey 1.6 156 THP RCZ. And I did. I was very well prepared for this day and there was cold champagne waiting in my fridge to celebrate this special day :beer: . As you may guess my relationship to my new love did not start well.

I started my journey to home from the dealer. I was driving the motorway. Speed limit was 120 km/h but since I was driving a brand new car and I was just familiarizing myself in to RCZ's secrets I was driving more like 90-100 km/h. After ten minutes of driving red triange flashes on the screen and orange motor warning light pops up. All the power was gone. The motor went to limp mode. I drove next ramp down and parked my car roadside. Mileage meter reading was 21 km. I was pretty much embarrassed :oops:. It did not help that RCZ looks damn hot. Public attention was evident.

I called the Peugeot Assistance and got on-site assistanse less than 30 minutes. Solid performance on Peugeot's side :clap:. OBD readings were read and they reported that there was three different error codes related to air/fuel mixture (knocking sensor). The mechanic resetted ECU and instructed me to drive back to dealer where they can lift my car up and check the sensor. Currently I have no idea when I get my RCZ back :sad: .

I do hope this was an one-time incident and I can live with my RCZ happily ever after.

Attachments

• WP_000054.jpg
    WP_000054.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,700
  • WP_000055.jpg
    WP_000055.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 1,700
A

Anonymous

So the champagne is on hold then. Sorry to hear that your new pride and joy has let you down so quickly. I hope that you get it back very shotly and you can start to enjoy your purchase

A

Anonymous

Yeah. Champagne will wait. I have had few :beer: instead. Not for good times though...

Appreciate your compassion.

-pete-

A

Anonymous

what a crap day you have had , :eek: :cry: fingers crossed it will not be long before its sorted out :thumbup: and your driving your beautiful RCZ home again :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Hi,
I had similar thing after 3 miles. Knock sensor and some other sensor.
They admitted they didn't find anything wrong with sensors or anything else.
They just updated the software to the latest version (shouldn't this have been in in the first place?)
I've done 900miles since without a problem.
Yours sounds just the same.
Hope you get it back soon

Rue1

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your bad luck...unfortunately mechanical issues can happen to any car they are all subject a part failure..hopefully in your case this will be the last problem you will have. To put it into perspective I have just clocked over 5000km and have had no issues what so ever...

Hope you get your car back soon :)

A

Anonymous

Jbhildi predicted it just right. Maintenance did not find anything wrong with my car. In addition to all mechanic gave the impression that warranty should not cover the incident since Peugeot Assistance resetted ECU and they had no opportunity to interpret ECU readings :shock: . Why the hell did he said that to me? I had owned the car less than an hour and did just what Peugeot Assistance instructed me to do? I think they should handle these kind of issues among themselves, shouldn't they?

Anyway car worked today perfectly for 80 km. RCZ is a bit noisier than my previous car Skoda Octavia 1.2 TSI 2011 but the difference is not significant. I guess it is due to bigger wheels. What is more important is the joy of driving. RCZ drives straight much easier in a highway and handling in steep curves is just super :dance:.

Anyway - I have not done any research yet - is there any passive noise killing project with RCZ available? Link here if you find any.

Br,

-pete-

A

Anonymous

rcz_pete said:
Jbhildi predicted it just right. Maintenance did not find anything wrong with my car. In addition to all mechanic gave the impression that warranty should not cover the incident since Peugeot Assistance resetted ECU and they had no opportunity to interpret ECU readings :shock: . Why the hell did he said that to me? I had owned the car less than an hour and did just what Peugeot Assistance instructed me to do? I think they should handle these kind of issues among themselves, shouldn't they?

Anyway car worked today perfectly for 80 km. RCZ is a bit noisier than my previous car Skoda Octavia 1.2 TSI 2011 but the difference is not significant. I guess it is due to bigger wheels. What is more important is the joy of driving. RCZ drives straight much easier in a highway and handling in steep curves is just super :dance:.

Anyway - I have not done any research yet - is there any passive noise killing project with RCZ available? Link here if you find any.

Br,

-pete-

If you had browsed in here for a bit you would have found I posted about this problem (roadside fitters clearing the fault codes, so the dealers have no idea what was wrong) there will never be a next time......... but you can tell others, write the fault codes down, insist on getting the fault codes before the reset.