What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New girl here to pick your collective brains!

RCW-almost perfect

Reaction score
Hi all, Newbie checking in. I've been the privileged owner of my late registered MK1 RCZ 200THP in Moroccan red since Oct 2014 when it was a year old with 6000 miles on the clock, its done a few miles more since then! I love it so much I brought it out to northern Spain when I emigrated and as the first review I read about the car was Evo's 2010 review test drive of the 200 THP, which was carried out in Northern Spain, it seemed pretty appropriate.
Anyway, I'm mostly here for one thing - picking peoples brains! I'm going to be changing my headlight units as obviously being UK spec they point the wrong way. ;) I've had a quick poke around to see if anyone has put up a thread on the subject -I've seen one thread about swapping for xenon units already (I'm swapping standard for standard - just LHD variant) but I'll have a further look before I start any new threads! If anyone knows there's a thread on here that will cover my needs give me a shout!

Thanks all!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1560093634293[1].jpg
    FB_IMG_1560093634293[1].jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 889

Plecodoras

Reaction score
I might be Mr thicko here but isn't it just a case of adjusting them to point to the correct sides. If not wouldn't it be an easy job of just replacing like for like from a scrap yard, unless you have the self leveling type?
Hello by the way and welcome.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
RCW-almost perfect said:
Hi all, Newbie checking in. I've been the privileged owner of my late registered MK1 RCZ 200THP in Moroccan red since Oct 2014 when it was a year old with 6000 miles on the clock, its done a few miles more since then! I love it so much I brought it out to northern Spain when I emigrated and as the first review I read about the car was Evo's 2010 review test drive of the 200 THP, which was carried out in Northern Spain, it seemed pretty appropriate.
Anyway, I'm mostly here for one thing - picking peoples brains! I'm going to be changing my headlight units as obviously being UK spec they point the wrong way. ;) I've had a quick poke around to see if anyone has put up a thread on the subject -I've seen one thread about swapping for xenon units already (I'm swapping standard for standard - just LHD variant) but I'll have a further look before I start any new threads! If anyone knows there's a thread on here that will cover my needs give me a shout!

Thanks all!

Just had a surf, and came up with these folk.
Their testimonials look good, assuming genuine.
They are based on Costa Blanca, but ship anywhere.
Worth contacting for info and prices.
http://www.headlights4u.com/

RCW-almost perfect

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
I might be Mr thicko here but isn't it just a case of adjusting them to point to the correct sides. If not wouldn't it be an easy job of just replacing like for like from a scrap yard, unless you have the self leveling type?
Hello by the way and welcome.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Hi there, thanks for the reply and the welcome :thumbup: - I wish it was a case of just flicking a switch but no such luck! (As Peugeot Doncaster offered to do the job for a sweet £600 a side!).
I've already sourced the headlight units thanks - got one second hand from a local scrappy (fortunately they're the same unit as a 308 as no RCZ's in the scrappies here) and a new one via ebay from southern Spain at 50 & 80 euros respectively - funnily enough co-pilot side ones here (drivers side in UK) don't come up second hand - I think they're all planted into the cliff sides/crash barriers...

My main query is whether there's any connectivity to onboard systems - (my mechanic'ing days were back before computers took over so I don't know what kind of dark magic trickery might be going on!) :lol:
I don't want to spend three hours dismantling the front end to discover I'm going to have to plug it in somewhere to straighten out the computer. I kinda doubt it as these are standard, fixed, not doing any weird ass self leveling nonsense units so to my mind there shouldn't be any communication needed - but just wanted to check with someone who had changed a unit and whether there had been any gremlins.

I read through a thread on here about changing to xenon units and having to swap pins around in the plug but obviously that's a different kind of job - not like-for-like(ish) swap.

RCW-almost perfect

Reaction score
stewartwillsher said:
RCW-almost perfect said:

Thanks all!

Just had a surf, and came up with these folk.
Their testimonials look good, assuming genuine.
They are based on Costa Blanca, but ship anywhere.
Worth contacting for info and prices.
http://www.headlights4u.com/

Hi! and thanks for looking for me - most appreciated - I managed to get one of mine from down south somewhere but it was via an eBay shop - free delivery as well which was cracking seeing as I'm proper up north. Brand new but with no bulbs (as expected) - but I have a set of perfectly good bulbs - they just point the wrong way at the mo. :lol: :lol:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum :greetings-wavingblue: sounds like you’ve got yourself a couple of bargains there with your headlights, in the UK any RCZ parts seem to command a high price :thumbdown: I’m sure the job of replacing them is straight forward. :beer:

RCW-almost perfect

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
Hi and welcome to the forum :greetings-wavingblue: sounds like you’ve got yourself a couple of bargains there with your headlights, in the UK any RCZ parts seem to command a high price :thumbdown: I’m sure the job of replacing them is straight forward. :beer:

Hi and thanks for the welcome :greetings-wavingblue:
Yeah I shopped around before we moved out here at Christmas to see if I could source some and have them swapped by my local garage in the UK before I brought it out here - I even went to Peugeot for a quote thinking that it might be worth the extra few quid if they would throw in a Certificate of Conformity (needed to register it here - and free with the car when you buy one on the mainland...) but as they wanted £600 a side :eek: I decided that I'd just pay for the CoC!
Once I found out the headlights were the same unit as the 308 it did make it a lot easier to find some mind.

Hopefully I'll have a couple of MK1 RHD headlights available soon if someone needs any!

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Just wait until you find out how much it’ll cost you to have the steering wheel moved over to the wrong side :eusa-think: :eusa-whistle: ;)

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum and you have a nice looking RCZ there and love the colour, hope you will be able to make the meeting in Yorkshire as I live in York and as its on my doorstep it's a must. So glad it's not going to clash with the zeeland meeting..
Safe driving and stay lucky
Les n Karen n the Grey Lady