What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New Cylinder Head

A

Anonymous

Hi everyone,

I've just had a new cylinder head fitted to my GT 200 at the local Peugeot dealership and on getting the car home have noticed that they did not change the oil. should they have put fresh oil in or not? And could anyone advise me as to whether the new cylinder head has to be run in?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

I'd have thought so. Removing the head means the remains of the head gasket would have to be scraped off the engine block. So unless they blocked off the oil ways to prevent bits of gasket getting in them that would be one good reason to change the oil.

Other than that it'd depend on why the head was being replaced? A blown head gasket would contaminate the oil with coolant. Similarly if there had been physical damage to the head where metal fragments could have got into the oil.

But regardless, to do such a costly engine repair and then not to change the oil just seems...cheap...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4 Beta