What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New boy, be gentle.

Alexc2505

Reaction score
After admiring the RCZ from afar for a few years I'm finally getting one. It's going to have to be a diesel because of my 80 mile round trip commute.
Thing is I have a choice of 2 2013 cars, a face lift version 35000 miles or a lovely mettalic grey pre face lift car with 30000 miles on it. Keep looking at both and love both from different angles. Help which one do I go for, have to say the face-lift version is £1000 more, cheers everyone :eusa-think:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
For me is personnel preference !
Both Diesel cars give same performance etc. I think the radio changed and know that is easier to update the RT 6 than the Ng 4. But I like the double din unit with the internal memory.
If Bluetooth streaming is your thing the RT 6 is the one to choose.
Personally I like both but have MK2 now so must air towards that one.
There's plenty to choose from so for me get one with xenon's that's a must.
Good luck.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

x17one

Reaction score
Hey up

you will not regret getting a dirty derv. Best car I have ever had, looks sexy drives like a person of dubious parentage and I love it. 52 mpg in a sporty looking car cant be bad.

It always turns heads when Im driving her and turns mine too when I park and leave her.

Take loads of pics as we love pictures

DKZ5745

Reaction score
The mkII had a few updated parts that were known to have issues on the mkI but the one you are looking at might well have had these replaced already.

As has been said, it’s really a matter of personal choice. I was first attracted to the RCZ the first time I saw a mkI. I wasn’t really in a position to buy one until the mkII was out, and I was drawn to the later version, both because it was a newer car, and I liked the led drl’s.

The facelift model has definitely had fewer known issues than the original version, but once your on top of these, they are both amazing cars, and you won’t regret your purchase whichever you choose :thumbup:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome :greetings-wavingblue: yes the old which front end looks better? As Mick said it’s personal preference, I’ve a MK1 I think the front end looks more aggressive than the MK2, I didn’t like the MK2 front when it first came out but it’s growing on me and I wouldn’t turn down a MK2 because of the front end now, I would look very closely at the two cars and buy the one that’s in better condition than the other look at service history any receipts for work or parts changed? And check for damaged jacking points which is a common issue (search the forum for posts on this) being both diesels your not going to be worried by the timing chain issues that the petrol can have.

Good luck let us know how you get on :thumbup:

Alexc2505

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice all. It was a choice between 2 MK11 an a MK1, looking at the mot history the only one to pass every mot without fault or advisory is the MK1, its also a looker in my opinion. If all goes to plan it will be at my home Sunday pm and a pic will be posted. :D

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome to the forum I must say that I am bias as I have mk2 diesel look for my photos in the newbie as norh Yorkshire. Didn't want to get diesel but wanted the colour and interior and sat nav so glad I did enjoy your drive and stay lucky