What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New asphalt

A

Anonymous

Hi guys, picking my new rcz up on Saturday so thought I'd join for the banter and some heads up on good and bad topics. I traded in my Audi A5 Quattro sport so fingers crossed the pug won't disappoint. ;)
Oh and I'm in the uk, Aberdeen, bonny Scotland.

A

Anonymous

Starky said:
Hi guys, picking my new rcz up on Saturday so thought I'd join for the banter and some heads up on good and bad topics. I traded in my Audi A5 Quattro sport so fingers crossed the pug won't disappoint. ;)
Oh and I'm in the uk, Aberdeen, bonny Scotland.
You join a great throng from that location :wave:

A

Anonymous

Aye ITS FULL OF Chookters most are all great peeps though :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Chookters!! Is that how ya spell it ?
Your right thou, I'll have to avoid all the tractors, farm animals and dirt tracks they call main roads up here, can't be marking my new Matt paint ;)

A

Anonymous

I'm glad I joined already. There was no mention whatsoever from my dealer about any care/cleaning kit that comes with car. I'll be making sure ill be asking if it's not there!!!

A

Anonymous

Hi Starky, I too come from Scotland but have been in the south for decades. Picked my Asphalt up 3 weeks ago. No advice from dealer regarding the matt paint. No cleaning kit either! This Forum has been a great help, in fact the only help, regarding looking after the Asphalt.

A

Anonymous

Hi arjay,
Oh I'll be bringing it up about care kit when I go to collect it,
Did ask the young sales man about care of paint work and all I got was a blank look. He didn't have a scooby, I think it's the first asphalt they have sold but should have some sort of idea what there selling!!!
Found out more in here in the last hour about subject than anything I've had from dealer so far.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Starky. Glad that you have already found it to be useful.
Don't forget to post loads of pics of your Aphalt when you get it. :)

A

Anonymous

Welcome to the Aberdeen RCZ owner's club ;) :lol: I am going to have to keep an eye out for you and am so keen to see an asphalt in the metal!! I'm in BOD but there are a number of others in the Aberdeen area. Your addition means that we will have at least 1 Dolphin Blue (mine), an Amber Red (Donna's), there are a couple of white ones about (one of which belongs to Figo) and there are a couple of black ones knocking about. Did you also get yours from Kemnay? A couple of us did. Keep us posted and please get some pics up when you can...we'd all love to see your new beauty!!

A

Anonymous

Wow are there that many in Aberdeen!!
I've only seen one and that's a mates at work. He just bought a white with black wheels, did get mine from Belmont after dealing back and forth with a dealer in Newcastle. Great having two dealers fighting for your custom, got a great deal in the end.
I'll have to look out for all the RCZs now in and around Aberdeen ;) :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Welcome Starky. Lovely sunny day to pick up the car. Look forward to the pics. Enjoy................

A

Anonymous

Just heard from dealer. Next Saturday to pick up now, my private reg holding things up. Gutted :(
I'll defo post some pics when I no finally get to drive it away.
Think it's the first asphalt in Aberdeen. Belmont took up another one to use as a demo if anyone else fancys parting
With there cash ;)

A

Anonymous

I think you'll be part of a fairly exclusive Asphalt club and I am sure there isn't one in Aberdeen or too close by. To be honest, in saying that there are all these RCZs in and around Aberdeen but you'll go weeks between seeing another one in the roads. Sorry, didn't intend in making it sound "common"! That's annoying about the hold up but fingers crossed for no further delays for you!! :) You've certainly picked a stunning car and you'll get a good chuckle from the number of people staring at the car as you pass by. :lol: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

If it gets half the looks my red A5 got when I got that new ill be happy ;)
Hey does the K&N filter make any difference, performance or sound? Was thinking about it. Nice easy and cheap upgrade :)

A

Anonymous

The A5 is a gorgeous car to be fair. The filter will make no difference to the sound of the car but does make the engine a touch more responsive. I noticed the difference between my own car and one without when getting a borrow of the demonstrator at Kemnay when mine was in to get the feline kit fitted. You can pick the filters up pretty cheap off eBay and they're a dawdle to fit...you just need a torx ratchet and fittings. Probably took around 15-20 mins to fit and most of that was fickering.

A

Anonymous

Oh oh feline kit!!!!
Don't like the idea of the side decals but defo wanting the quad pipes. Can I be real nosey and ask what the kit cost you?

A

Anonymous

I have the decals but didn't fit them. I actually didn't pay for the feline kit as it was a very gracious goodwill gesture from Peugeot UK (detailed in another thread if you're interested in the background). The mesh grille is about £550 fitted and looks really tidy. Makes the car much meaner and sporty looking. The quads are no longer available but the original manufacturer is a company called zunsports. However, if I had been paying i would have bought the Ruffer performance exhaust for an additional BHP return and a huge difference in sound. The zunsports one will do neither despite being a fully quad conversion kit. Both of these items are sold by an excellent company RCZperformance. The owner is a member and he's worth giving a shout!! Can't remember what the prices are for these but he is the only person listed as a UK distributor and has a website worth checking out. (he's also cheaper than anyone else)

A

Anonymous

I enclose pics of the grille and quads. I think they make a real difference!! Did you get the vision pack? If not then make sure you change the horrible yellow lights and the fried egg indicators!! I've only just done the indicators in the last few weeks but makes such a difference. I've done the other bulbs too and makes considerable differences to the front of the car!! I've posted various pics on the members gallery section and the mods section.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337956881.571390.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337956881.571390.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 1,909
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337956905.985031.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337956905.985031.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 1,909
A

Anonymous

I do like how that grille looks on the flipper blue and no RCZ should be without the quads :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Yea looks really good front and back.I'll look out for you now around Aberdeen ;) Most defiantly have to look into the pipes. Why the asphalt doesn't come with them as standard beats me. I think it already has the light pack as it comes with xeons.