What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New around here

Seph

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm Andy, also known as Seph and I have arrived here due to my recent acquisition of an RCZ-R (below).
I have absolutely fallen in love with the car and can't wait to get to know you guys.

P.S any advice on what the real correct price for a pair of front brake discs would be greatly appreciated, I have had varying prices quoted.

-Seph
fin1 (2).jpg

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Hi Andy (Seph) Welcome to the forum 👋what a fantastic looking car that is👏, although I maybe a little biased 😁

I don’t know any exact figures for the discs for your car, only that it usually involves building societies & mortgage applications.

It will possibly work out cheaper to just keep running into the car in front to stop you. 🤔

Someone will be along shortly with a slightly more realistic answer to your question......

DKZ5745

Reaction score
What year & mileage is your R? (Great photo btw)

Seph

Reaction score
It is an early 2014 car with 51k currently. I was aware of the brakes before buying it which is why the price was an absolute steal, but that doesn't mean I don't want to pay the absolute minimum :).
I'm finding out that different dealers quote wildly different prices.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Seph (Andy)
Welcome to the forum and nice RCZ R you have got yourself there and great photo too, hope you have many happy miles driving around and all the rubber neckers as you pass them on the road lol 😂....
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Marmite

Reaction score
Hi I searched high an low , U could try Mtec but they never had any last year when I was making inquiries also Tarox do them but I don’t think there is much difference in the price to Peugeot.
the pads can be got anywhere and the Alcon callipers are the same used on the JaguarXKS portfolio but I m not sure but I think there running 400 mm disks with 20” wheels if I remember rightly , wether they have the same donuts I’m not sure as they are two part discs on the R an XKS

Last edited:

Seph

Reaction score
Well the best iv had so far from a Peugeot dealer directly is £449 per disc with £160 labour to fit them, which is just over a grand for both. Which is cheaper then some quotes iv heard.

indoldn

Reaction score
I don't have an R but from reading various posts, if they have not been done you might want to get the calipers refurbished. I believe many members have had theirs done by Godspeed brakes. The original the mild steel pistons are prone to seizing.

If I remember correctly some members did say the cost of discs are anywhere between £1k - £1.5k and like mentioned above the Tarox are not that much cheaper so probably better to go with Alcon. I've heard figures of £2k for front brakes mentioned, I guess that is for full discs and calipers replacement.

Kerr

Reaction score
The Tarox discs were £850, but they jumped up to £1018 the other week. I should have ordered, but the price jump is making me look for other options.

I asked Mtech(as they offer to make 2 piece brakes) but they were running with a skeleton staff and not doing so when I asked.

My discs are needing done. I did warp them after a day out a few weeks ago. I've skimmed them just now to get me though until brake companies are back up and running.

There doesn't seem to be much options out there and no clear information.

Kerr

Reaction score
I wonder if there's a few people needing discs and we can organise a group buy and discount?

Ian J.

Reaction score
Lets be honest you don't really need to slow down for corners in the RCZ so do you really need brakes front and back 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Brakes are very overrated, I try not to use them myself.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Lovely R in red!
Memories... I miss my R soooo much.

You got a beauty there. Take good care of her.