What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New 408

A

Anonymous

Is that the Chinese market only car?

Sent from my Xperia Z1

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Yeah, China, Malaysia, Russia and South america. Ive just had a look, I thought it was instead of the 407, but I guess not :)

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Apparently the old version was sold there, but it just says emerging markets including Russia for this one.

frankvdb

Reaction score
Yes, these markets can still appreciate proper saloon cars, whereas in Europe we only get hatchbacks and stationwagons. :(
Looks like it's based on the new 308 (exactly like the first 408 on the first 308).

A

Anonymous

At least they picked the best colour choice for the new car and RCZ !!!!!!!! :beer:
Diggerd

A

Anonymous

I really like the 408. The proportions of the car look spot on. If you look at most other small saloons the proportions don't look right. The Mercedes CLA being the one that immediately springs to mind.

A

Anonymous

Hmmmm....doesn't do anything for me I have to confess.

A

Anonymous

looks alot like other cars..
1st picture looks like a volvo front end
windows from the side look like skoda superb.
head on old merc.
passat?

right mis match

diggerd

A

Anonymous

:wtf: Then again they do love 4 door Saloons over on the Humid side of the planet :crazy:

A

Anonymous

I'd prefer a saloon over a hatch.. Looks mundane... But then so did the japanese civic then the type R came out.

Sent from my Xperia Z1

frankvdb

Reaction score
CatherineF said:
I really like the 408. The proportions of the car look spot on. If you look at most other small saloons the proportions don't look right. The Mercedes CLA being the one that immediately springs to mind.

Yes, it does look well balanced and like a proper Peugeot.
I have no doubt it will be a successful model.

the big blue

Reaction score
...I note that they have applied the white primer and undercoat BUT when are they going to apply the heavenly Dolphin Blue paint !

.the big blue (..I can almost feel the onslaught coming having denounced the car as being ready for its top coat !!) :oops:

A

Anonymous

Figo said:
I'd prefer a saloon over a hatch.. Looks mundane... But then so did the japanese civic then the type R came out.

Sent from my Xperia Z1

Hatchback all the way Figo for sheer looks,l do believe thats a Type.. R 238 BHP in your photo which had a different engine from the Swindon Car

Attachments

• rtype.jpg
    rtype.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 5,728
A

Anonymous

frankvdb said:
CatherineF said:

Yes, it does look well balanced and like a proper Peugeot.
I have no doubt it will be a successful model.

That 408 does nowt for me....really its so bland looking,but it just goes to show you that we all have different tastes in car's,l for one think New CLA AMG "badged"Looks very nice indeed :cool: