What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Need advice on RCZ's

Oscar

Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking into buying an RCZ soon. But I'm new to RCZ's and all the various models and editions available. Can anyone give me any advice on these beautiful cars? What's it like to drive and what to look out for etc.

NF7

Reaction score
As someone who bought an RCZ a month ago. I'd say to look for an MK2 model (2013+) due to updated engine parts. Car is amazing to drive, looks beautiful, and turns heads wherever it goes. I'd say when buying it, look for stamped service book (check VIN number online) with receipts, check that everything works (spoiler, side mirrors, lights). With the engine, open the oil cap and look for the yogurt looking gunk under it. If it has that, that's usually a bad sign. Look for oil at the turbo - bad sign as well. On the exterior, look for out-of-proportion edges between different body parts - that's usually sign of repairs from a crash, and the difference in color between exterior body parts. Other stuff is pretty hard to spot if you're not a mechanic. Also if you know someone who can lend you an OBD2 reader, use it - ODB2 connector is beneath the ashtray in the center console.

There are four versions as far as I know:

1,6 THP (147HP)
1,6 THP (200HP) - I have it.
2.0 HDi
RCZ R (276HP)

Oscar

Reaction score
As someone who bought an RCZ a month ago. I'd say to look for an MK2 model (2013+) due to updated engine parts. Car is amazing to drive, looks beautiful, and turns heads wherever it goes. I'd say when buying it, look for stamped service book (check VIN number online) with receipts, check that everything works (spoiler, side mirrors, lights). With the engine, open the oil cap and look for the yogurt looking gunk under it. If it has that, that's usually a bad sign. Look for oil at the turbo - bad sign as well. On the exterior, look for out-of-proportion edges between different body parts - that's usually sign of repairs from a crash, and the difference in color between exterior body parts. Other stuff is pretty hard to spot if you're not a mechanic. Also if you know someone who can lend you an OBD2 reader, use it - ODB2 connector is beneath the ashtray in the center console.

There are four versions as far as I know:

1,6 THP (147HP)
1,6 THP (200HP) - I have it.
2.0 HDi
RCZ R (276HP)
Thanks very much for your advice. I'm not a car mechanic, so will have AA or RAC do a full car check up. Any differences to vehicle editions?

NF7

Reaction score
Thanks very much for your advice. I'm not a car mechanic, so will have AA or RAC do a full car check up. Any differences to vehicle editions?
Between those cars, the only difference is the engine power and type of fuel - 1,6 THP and RCZ R use gasoline (100 or 95), and HDi uses diesel. Of course, there are also options for automatic or manual transmission (I forgot that before). But I do not know if automatic is an option with all editions or only some.

Tbf, I've haven't really done a deep dive in the car myself before buying it. I just knew I wanted it and went all in when a desirable car dropped on the car selling site.

Luckily, everything is fine for now. :knock on wood:

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Check out the middle brake light to see if any of the LEDs are out (around £180) to replace, also check the jacking points for damage... Service history, and for the record..
RCZ 1.6THP is 156bhp..
RCZ 200 1.6THP tuned to200bhp
RCZ R 1.6THP tune 270bhp
RCZ 2ltr Hdi 163 bhp
Happy hunting
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

DKZ5745

Reaction score
There are also 2 variants, Sport & GT. The better spec is GT. There are various differences between the two, mainly “cosmetic”. The GT has a shorter gear stick & smaller steering wheel.
There are also various “packs” which could be optioned. The better ones being “vision pack” & “Nav Pack”.
The vision pack has Bi-Xenon Directional headlights (they turn as you turn the steering wheel to illuminate round the corner you’re taking) which are superb and a country mile above the standard version.
The Nav Pack is self explanatory and has a pop up screen instead of a domed orange led display in the centre of the dash.
There was also the “Black Pack” which has blacked out grill, black door mirrors & black callipers.
The “Feline Pack” was I believe only available on the earlier models and had quad exhaust. Many owners have fitted after market quad exhausts which do look awesome.
There were a couple of limited edition variants, “Red Carbon” which only came in Red or Black and had the Red Carbon logo inside the car. This had several packs as standard (I believe, Vision, Nav, & Black).
GT line was the last special edition, and had twin exhausts the same as the R.
All the variants have the pop up spoiler, with the exception of the R which has a larger fixed spoiler. The pop up spoiler automatically rises at @55 mph to its 1st position, then rises further to its 2nd position at @98 mph. It can also be raised or lowered using a switch in the centre console.

There were many other options such as full leather, wheel size etc etc.

I have driven a 156 sport & own a 200GT with vision, Nav & black packs. I have had the car for nearly 8 years & love the thing like I bought it yesterday.

Oscar

Reaction score
There are also 2 variants, Sport & GT. The better spec is GT. There are various differences between the two, mainly “cosmetic”. The GT has a shorter gear stick & smaller steering wheel.
There are also various “packs” which could be optioned. The better ones being “vision pack” & “Nav Pack”.
The vision pack has Bi-Xenon Directional headlights (they turn as you turn the steering wheel to illuminate round the corner you’re taking) which are superb and a country mile above the standard version.
The Nav Pack is self explanatory and has a pop up screen instead of a domed orange led display in the centre of the dash.
There was also the “Black Pack” which has blacked out grill, black door mirrors & black callipers.
The “Feline Pack” was I believe only available on the earlier models and had quad exhaust. Many owners have fitted after market quad exhausts which do look awesome.
There were a couple of limited edition variants, “Red Carbon” which only came in Red or Black and had the Red Carbon logo inside the car. This had several packs as standard (I believe, Vision, Nav, & Black).
GT line was the last special edition, and had twin exhausts the same as the R.
All the variants have the pop up spoiler, with the exception of the R which has a larger fixed spoiler. The pop up spoiler automatically rises at @55 mph to its 1st position, then rises further to its 2nd position at @98 mph. It can also be raised or lowered using a switch in the centre console.

There were many other options such as full leather, wheel size etc etc.

I have driven a 156 sport & own a 200GT with vision, Nav & black packs. I have had the car for nearly 8 years & love the thing like I bought it yesterday.
That's a lot of different variants. I think I'd try and aim for the 200GT one if I can find one with low-ish no more than 45k miles on a 2015 plate for 8.5k. If I can't find one in that price range, I'll settle for the 156 sport. Thank you very much for that information DKZ5745

Ecrivain

Reaction score
Check out the middle brake light to see if any of the LEDs are out (around £180) to replace, also check the jacking points for damage... Service history, and for the record..
RCZ 1.6THP is 156bhp..
RCZ 200 1.6THP tuned to200bhp
RCZ R 1.6THP tune 270bhp
RCZ 2ltr Hdi 163 bhp
Happy hunting
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co
Sidegate Motors in Great Yarmouth currently have one for £8999 - when I checked , there were 7 LEDs missing!

Rather rusty looking brake calipers and hubs, too. I'm no expert, so not sure how much of a problem that would be (anyone?), but it didn't make a great first impression... Just left me wondering what else was rusty that I couldn't see...