What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Need a change...

A

Anonymous

...but dont want your change to be permanent?

I searched the site and found a thread of someone who PlastiDipped their badges. Thats a good start to change the look of the car but what if you want to go a bit more extreme? I changed the rims on my GTI this weekend to black using PlastiDip. For those that dont know, its like a rubber coating that is applied like spraypaint. When you are tired of the finish, the coating peels off like vinyl wrap.

I decided to go for the Matt black look. This was done on my GTI but no reason you cant try it on your RCZ. Have a look, feedback welcome!

A

Anonymous

Interesting. How durable is the coating? I was thinking about doing my alloys in black at some point to match the paint work but this may be a good alternative.

A

Anonymous

I will post an update in about a week or so regarding durability. I can quote what the manufacturer say but i have found experience outweighs marketing bs...

Evil Derboy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I used this stuff on my window trims on my A5 and pulled the lot back off after a couple of days. It is quite durable and resistant to stone chips and its easy to remove. I just didnt like the matt finish.

A

Anonymous

Ok, so after 5 days of use, the rims are still looking good. They picked up a bit of brake dust so will have to see how easy it is to clean... will post a few pics once they are clean again.