What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Nasty oil leak

BobM

Reaction score
Hi guy's I hope I find you well. I am posting here as this forum is great and has been endlessly useful so far. I have a 2010 RCZ GT 1.6 Petrol. It has the EML on, as well as a large oil leak. It seems to misfire occasionally but in reverse for some reason? I tried to take some pics and vids with I have attached. There is a smaller pipe going into a bigger pipe near the bottom of the front of the engine. And the smoke is coming from there. Anyone have any idea what this is? I have uploaded some vids here for you to see.

Regards Bob
tempImagexjPe9O.pngtempImageiW3jjg.pngScreenshot 2022-11-22 at 12.07.23.png

Attachments

• tempImageEUjB7Y.png
    tempImageEUjB7Y.png
    571.9 KB · Views: 8
  • tempImageOaMhC8.png
    tempImageOaMhC8.png
    602.8 KB · Views: 8

BobM

Reaction score
Hi Pedro, thanks for the reply. I don't know anything about cars so I would not have a clue. I hope its not too bad as I really like the car.

Kerr

Reaction score
Impossible to tell with the photographs.

I had a crankshaft oil seal fail. Oil started dropping on to the exhaust and there was lots of smoke out of the back of the car. I thought my engine had gone.

The engine bay was a mess with oil and it dripped everywhere. Luckily it wasn't a big fix.

Get a mechanic to look at it as soon as possible.

Pedro

Reaction score
Hi Pedro, thanks for the reply. I don't know anything about cars so I would not have a clue. I hope its not too bad as I really like the car.
Looking at where the oil is dripping onto the exhaust reminds me of a 207cc I fixed which was leaking from the turbo oil feed pipe that too was peeing oil from above that area but without seeing it first hand I advise to get it on a ramp

BobM

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys, I have put it into the garage today. Hopefully nothing major. I'll post and keep you updated once I have news on the issue.

Bob

BobM

Reaction score
Turns out to be the turbo oil feed pipe. Was quoted £400 but I think I am just going to get rid of it as I don't want to start spending more and more money on it. Sad because I really love the car. Nice spec with sat nav ETC.

Thanks for al your help guys much appreciated

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Turns out to be the turbo oil feed pipe. Was quoted £400 but I think I am just going to get rid of it as I don't want to start spending more and more money on it. Sad because I really love the car. Nice spec with sat nav ETC.

Thanks for al your help guys much appreciated
That’s crazy you can buy a aftermarket replacement that’s been modified to stop this problem happening and they’re only about £35 I’m sure someone could fit it for less than £350!

BobM

Reaction score
Hi guys, I got the oil leak sorted but I now have a new issue. Well two to be exact. First is I have no backlights for the media player buttons? And my clock is not working or setting correctly neither is the date? I tried setting with the display manually and selecting to tie it to satnav but no luck? its just flashing with the wrong time on the screen and analogue clock is incorrect too? Second is EML is on and it seems to lose power when I'm driving. Has occasional misfire mainly when reversing? and finally the rev counter moves when idle between 0.75 and number 1? it also seems to be using a lot of fuel? I am so torn because I love the car but I really need it to work. Thank you for any help much appreciated.

Best Bob

BobM

Reaction score
Ok so date and time is sorted now. I just reset the system in the settings on the main screen. But still no backlights on the media player?

BobM

Reaction score
Looking at where the oil is dripping onto the exhaust reminds me of a 207cc I fixed which was leaking from the turbo oil feed pipe that too was peeing oil from above that area but without seeing it first hand I advise to get it on a ramp
Also you nailed this Pedro did not realise till now.