What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Mystery engine fault warning

misterx

Reaction score
My RCZ R came up with a warning saying "Engine Fault - Repair Needed" and the warning light came on. It was running perfectly well but I took it to the garage today. They ran a diagnostic check and said the code indicated that the fuel mix was too rich. They looked at everything to do with fuel delivery etc and did an emissions test but could not find anything that would have caused the fault, and confirm that it is running fine. Fault warning cleared and system reset, so watch this space. Anybody know whether this was genuine fault that has corrected itself, or was the fault warning given to me in error perhaps?

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Those warnings do not come unintended. It could be the catalyst waving goodbye or just the plugs. Is the car due for a service?

misterx

Reaction score
RCZ-R said:
Those warnings do not come unintended. It could be the catalyst waving goodbye or just the plugs. Is the car due for a service?

No, it had a full service and MOT test in January.

DRTDVL

Reaction score
We have had a couple instances where it's been a sensor issue. But the big one for us was the high pressure fuel pump died... Cut all power just after I passed a large truck!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

misterx

Reaction score
DRTDVL said:
We have had a couple instances where it's been a sensor issue. But the big one for us was the high pressure fuel pump died... Cut all power just after I passed a large truck!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Anyone know whether there is any difference between the RCZ and the RCZ-R in this regard?