What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Mysterious holes in windscreen & boot lion badge.

UncleBen

Reaction score
Hi again everyone.
Whilst cleaning the car the other day I noticed a line of five tiny holes in the black band that runs along the bottom of the windscreen. They are located under the tip of the left hand wiper blade, they are not easy to see and you may require a torch to find them. I know the car had a new, non oem screen fitted just before I bought it so not sure if it's a manufacturer thing or they serve a purpose. Has anyone else seen these and know what they might be for?

I've decided to get the polisher out soon and do some detailing. Being a white care you can really see the dirt in between the letters on the boot and the lion badge, I've tried to clean using various implements but you can still see a dirty halo. I'm pretty sure all the lettering will be stuck on with double sided, but does anyone know if the badge is also stuck on with tape? I remember reading somewhere on the forum that the front badge has screws behind, but couldn't find something that mentions the rear badge.

Thanks again everyone.

OkeyStokey

Reaction score
I don't know about those holes, will have to have a look at mine next time I use the car.

I think all the badges are just glued, I can't see any reference to screws, see pics below.

Attachments

• badge.jpg
    badge.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 792
  • badge rear.jpg
    badge rear.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 792

RCZash

Reaction score
Hi, ref holes in band. My understanding is they are there to line up the wiper arms / blades after they have been removed.

UncleBen

Reaction score
OkeyStokey said:
I don't know about those holes, will have to have a look at mine next time I use the car.

I think all the badges are just glued, I can't see any reference to screws, see pics below.

Thanks for that, it's great info. Having the dims will be a great help when replacing them. Then again I'll see what it looks like without them, maybe I'll leave them off? In any case your info is much appreciated.

UncleBen

Reaction score
RCZash said:
Hi, ref holes in band. My understanding is they are there to line up the wiper arms / blades after they have been removed.
Hi, although that seems a very feasible explanation it seems a little odd, why not just have a more simple index line as do some other cars? Also the row of holes is on the slant, not horizontal. Did you read or see this explanation somewhere?

UncleBen

Reaction score
beaks said:
From the RCZ workshop manual -

Cheers,

Ian B
Thanks Ian B, grate info again.
I purchased a manual from emanuals as a download, it was a massive file and I've also downloaded the app that they suggested to view it with but haven't been able to get it to work yet, I'm not the best with IT so waiting until I can get someone more savy to have a look.
Don't suppose anyone knows where ther might be a more user friendly manual available?

D

Deleted User

UncleBen said:
I purchased a manual from emanuals as a download, it was a massive file and I've also downloaded the app that they suggested to view it with but haven't been able to get it to work yet, I'm not the best with IT so waiting until I can get someone more savy to have a look.
Don't suppose anyone knows where ther might be a more user friendly manual available?

I bought both from emanuals - the pdf version and the chunky one that you need virtual box to run (this is the service box type). Which do you have, I'll try and help where I can!

Ian B

UncleBen

Reaction score
beaks said:
UncleBen said:

I bought both from emanuals - the pdf version and the chunky one that you need virtual box to run (this is the service box type). Which do you have, I'll try and help where I can!

Ian B
Yep the chunky one. I followed their instructions on how to run it using virtual box, and I've put the ova into it, but every time I try to use it I get a black screen with a lot of writing and a bar with start Windows normally. Weather I click start normally or let it time out and do it itself, it flashes back to the same screen over and over.
Unfortunately I don't have my laptop at the moment, I left it at work and won't be back until next week.

UncleBen

Reaction score
Well here's an update on the manual. I sent an email and video of what is happening when I try to view the manual to emanuals and they answered me right away. Enable Virtualization in the BIOS settings, so I had a tech guy try and do this for me. Unfortunately my laptop is so old that it does not have Virtualization, so I'm stuck until I upgrade my PC. I will send them another email though and see if they can suggest anything else. If there's another way to do this I'd appreciate the info.
Hi beaks, in the mean time would you mind showing me how the aluminium arches are removed, id like to have a go at wrapping them.

D

Deleted User

UncleBen said:
Well here's an update on the manual. I sent an email and video of what is happening when I try to view the manual to emanuals and they answered me right away. Enable Virtualization in the BIOS settings, so I had a tech guy try and do this for me. Unfortunately my laptop is so old that it does not have Virtualization, so I'm stuck until I upgrade my PC. I will send them another email though and see if they can suggest anything else. If there's another way to do this I'd appreciate the info.
Hi beaks, in the mean time would you mind showing me how the aluminium arches are removed, id like to have a go at wrapping them.

Yes no problem - send me your email address in a private message and I'll send you a pdf with all the info you need.