What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Mysterious boot opening

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Cough cough - each RCZ comes with a manual. They are for reading. They explain all the different components of the car and how they work And Where they are located ;)
Nobody likes a smart ar** RCZ1. Most owners are too busy either looking at the car, driving it, detailing it, talking about it or on here typing about it. God only put 24 Hrs in a day :helpme:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I do all that Ron but still find time to read my manual. It's all part of new car ownership :)
I know but you had nearly a year to read about it before Pearl arrived :lol:

A

Anonymous

We are men, what's this 'manual' you speak of...?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

Thanx, didn't know about that button under lid:) think I'm one of those who should read the manual more often :cool:

A

Anonymous

Yes I had the same problem , first started with the boot opening randomly.
Then the inductors stopped working from time to time , followed by the rear parking sensors stopping to work.
It was all down to water from the drainage seals or plugs located inn the boot. The factory extended warranty wouldn't cover
Water recess so I'm hoping I don't have to fork out the 200 quid repair and Peugeot can repair
And cover the cost as a design fault !!!!

Peugeot rcz
1.6 gt 200 bhp
Mercury grey
30000 miles
Built 3 / 2011

A

Anonymous

I'm on my 3rd switch now, they lasted aprox 8 months each time :thumbdown:

It was even suggested to me that I park my car the other way round on my drive so that the boot is facing downwards.

The last repair a few weeks ago involved another new switch, then packing the rear of the switch with silicon and grease to try and prevent water ingress, simply because Peugeot have not seriously looked into this ongoing problem.

MODIFY THE BLOODY SWITCH FOR GOD'S SAKE :evil:
Even the service department people are fed up with this poor design........................

A simple solution would be sealed wiring on the rear of the switch, that threads through into the boot via rubber grommets, and then it joins a connector block inside the boot, just like part of the wiring on the rear lights.

Why is the connector block on the outside of the car, unsealed and in the exact spot where it comes into contact from water running through the drip holes. :roll:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
I'm on my 3rd switch now, they lasted aprox 8 months each time :thumbdown:

It was even suggested to me that I park my car the other way round on my drive so that the boot is facing downwards.

The last repair a few weeks ago involved another new switch, then packing the rear of the switch with silicon and grease to try and prevent water ingress, simply because Peugeot have not seriously looked into this ongoing problem.

MODIFY THE BLOODY SWITCH FOR GOD'S SAKE :evil:
Even the service department people are fed up with this poor design........................

A simple solution would be sealed wiring on the rear of the switch, that threads through into the boot via rubber grommets, and then it joins a connector block inside the boot, just like part of the wiring on the rear lights.

Why is the connector block on the outside of the car, unsealed and in the exact spot where it comes into contact from water running through the drip holes. :roll:

I'm sorry to hear that.
How much does it cost to change?
I think I have the same problem...
False alarming at least

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all, to anyone who suddenly develops spontainious boot opening when unlocking car or opening doors just check that the manual boot switch under the boot lid hasn't stuck in from the last time you pressed it happened to me the other day and when I checked the button had stuck in on one side and was causing all the symptoms mentioned in this thread. Simply just re press the switch and it should pop back to its proper position. :beer:

tomflek

Reaction score
Heello from the future!
So I have had this my Peugeot RCZ for now like 4-5 months and I have now keep noticing how my boot keeps randomly opening too, it literally pops open, thankfully not fully open but that you can just lift it open with hand, exactly today now when I got back home and it was under the rain when I was at work at night, so now it's under the roof outside there still wet and saw that fucking boot open again, so safe to assume that I have that shitty problem too that water gets into that switch and central lock goes haywire? It's 2011 156THP (optimized to 190hp/285nm).
I have booked time for mechanic, need to change new wheel bearing to left front wheel, so should I tell him about this or should I just go to official Peugeot retailer/dealership in my city and let them to fix it? And can I suggest for them to seal that whole god damn connector with something like silicone or something like that so water won't get into it anymore, is it possible?
Also does anyone have pictures of that exact connector and where it's positioned in this car?

Last edited: