What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Mysterious boot opening

A

Anonymous

Folks

cannot believe nobody else has had this.

Out of nowhere I seem to of developed a strange problem where when the passenger door is unlocked or opened from the inside the boot opens on its own.

WTF ????

I changed the lock setting to only open drivers side when using key fob to stop this happening every time I unlock the car but it will still do it if I have to unlock the passenger side for somebody or they open the door from the insider.

Is this a strange config I have done accidentally or a fault. Someone must of had this.

Cheers all :crazy:

A

Anonymous

I had the same problem, a new boot lock was required. It is a known problem.

A

Anonymous

Jactac had the same too. I seem to think that water ingress had something to do with his

A

Anonymous

cheers folks

My 20K service is due soon so will get it sorted then, very strange one.

I also seem to have a leaking water coolant container as I have to fill that up quite frequently

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Jactac had the same too. I seem to think that water ingress had something to do with his

Ron is correct.
Known RCZ fault, water getting into boot lid switch, causes electrics to go into meltdown, doors unlocking the boot or boot just popping open whilst driving, even my parking sensors were affected.
Fixed under warranty.
Full days work as rear bumper has to come off.

A

Anonymous

I have just had my bootlid switch changed under warranty. The boot opened when I opened the car from inside or when using the plipper. It only happened very intermittently and only the day after I used a hose to wash it. The next day it was ok again. The car is 3 yrs old in May and the problem only occurred for the first time about a month ago at about 25k.

A

Anonymous

Peugeot have NOT modified the boot switch, which I find odd :eusa-think:
All they do is replace it because water has got into it , then they reseal it with a rubber sealant . I was told this by the service manager when mine had to be changed.

Apparently it is the original rubber gasket that is to blame and that it needs modifying not the actual switch.

Probably cheaper for Peugeot to just stick a blob of mastik on the gasket. Lazy and bad design. :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Hi mine has just started doing this.i have just had a 20k service done and now this i really hate it when things go wrong it really should not happen on a car like this come on peugeot you need to sort this crap out,ill be onto the dealer in the morning to get it soerted,may have to get rid of it then :thumbdown:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Glacier, sorry to hear of your problem with your car but remember things like this can happen to any car of any marque. Even the likes of Porsche, Ferrari and Aston Martin. Hope you get it sorted soon.

A

Anonymous

glazier said:
Hi mine has just started doing this.i have just had a 20k service done and now this i really hate it when things go wrong it really should not happen on a car like this come on peugeot you need to sort this crap out,ill be onto the dealer in the morning to get it soerted,may have to get rid of it then :thumbdown:

It's a fix that once it's done should not re-occure. :thumbup:
Your boot lid switch needs changing as it's letting water into it and shorting out the central locking.
If I were you I would sort it sooner rather than later as other parts of the cars electrics can sometimes get afffected. :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Ignor my last thread because the fault has just reoccurred on my Z.
It is now booked again for a 2nd boot lid switch because water is now getting into the replacement switch causing all the same electrical problems as last time.

PEUGEOT SORT THIS OUT ONCE AND FOR ALL. STOP JUST REPLACING FAULTY PARTS AND MODIFY THEM :evil:

A

Anonymous

Oh well, the Z's just gone for it's 2nd boot switch :roll:

It's going to be in overnight as I couldnt get it in early this morning due to work, and apparantly its a full days work, so they can crack on with it first thing in the morning.

When I was there booking it in there was a lady there going absolutely nuts with the sales manager, because her brand new Z is leaking in water through the rear bubble glass :?

I heard her say that the car had already been in a month ago for a problem with the steering and a sticky mirror :thumbdown:
The way she was shouting at this bloke was like he had personally built her car, poor sod. :lol:

A

Anonymous

Picked the car up late yesterday, all seems ok again after having a 2nd boot switch fitted, just wait and see how long this one lasts. :eusa-think:

I wasnt that impressed with the workmanship though.
When I arrived to collect the car it was parked up waiting outside, so I took the opportunity to check it over outside in the sunlight, yep thats right I said sunlight :eek:
Anyway, not good at all, the bumper was not lined up with the wheel arches, it was sticking out on both sides, one mud flap was loose, almost hanging off, the inner wheel arch matting was loose on both sides because the fitter, decided to not use all the fixings when replacing it.

This is first time I've been let down by this particular dealership. :eusa-think:

So when I went inside I invited the service guy off reception and "Stevie Wonder" the fitter, to step outside into the sunshine and take a look at a sorry looking Z.
Apparantly they were under a "bit of pressure" with work load and were very apologetic, which was a bit ammusing seeing as I dropped the car off to them the day before so that they could do it at there own pace without rushing it.
Anyway half hour later after a visit back into the fitting bay and she's all back to her pretty self. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Is it possible to open the boot from inside? I mean without the button on the key?? I just can´t find any boot-opener :wtf:

A

Anonymous

whitepearl said:
Is it possible to open the boot from inside? I mean without the button on the key?? I just can´t find any boot-opener :wtf:
I'm afraid not. There's only the middle button on the key fob or the rubberised button under the boot lid on the outside, nothing from within the cabin.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

stevebasshead said:
whitepearl said:
I'm afraid not. There's only the middle button on the key fob or the rubberised button under the boot lid on the outside, nothing from within the cabin.

I never actually knew about the the button under the lid until a few months back... I remember dismantelling the seats after locking the keys in the boot :lol:

A

Anonymous

Figo said:
stevebasshead said:
whitepearl said:

I never actually knew about the the button under the lid until a few months back... I remember dismantelling the seats after locking the keys in the boot :lol:

Lol!

RCZ1

Reaction score
Cough cough - each RCZ comes with a manual. They are for reading. They explain all the different components of the car and how they work And Where they are located ;)