What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

My RCZ went home - Magna Steyr Factory !!!

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Hi,

Some of you RCZ'ers will know I went on the Austrian trip organised by DanRo,

what you might not know is I didn't come straight home afterwards and thought I'd do a bit of a road trip of my own!

Since I was already in Austria and it was only 513kms, I thought I'd take the R home....

to the factory where she was born..

the route

which way?

a pitstop for some fast food;

well one has to eat n pee somewhere lol

I didn't get all the way in the day so stayed at this hotel which was only 14km from Graz, it had just been refurbished and was excellent

what do you do with your old car? use it for plant displays

well the next day I arrived at the factory, the security guard wasn't to pleased to see me, he said I could take a quick picture if I stayed out of the way, so I did;
Back Home.......

I managed two before he come and asked me to move

Not quite the same, so I thought you know what after traveling all this way - bugger it I'm off

So where now?

Well I thought I'd go to Slovenia but first to Bad Radkersburg still in Austria

this is Bad Radkersburg

Made it ! Slovenia

though I thought they were a bit two faced to be honest !!!

this was in Gornja Radgona, Slovenia which had a really fast flowing deep river

from here my next leg was to drive across Slovenia on the A5 to Croatia but not after a snack...

Then onto A5 - notice Budapest

onto Mursko Središće, Croatia

Now I did make it to Croatia, here I'am having a break

It's 25 degrees - nice

but now I have to confess, for I was going to go to Hungary, then Slovakia, then Czechoslovakia. BUT this is where it all went wrong !!!
For the Police at the Border in Croatia, took a dislike to me, my car, my number plate... well everything really.
I forgot my registration document along with my insurance, which was sat at home on the side of my computer table.
I don't think it helped that I at first thought it was a toll, and came out of the car, obviously I'm at the wrong side to the booth so have to get out. This I did with a wad of cash in my hand !! She probably thought I was going to bribe her. Well bless her she had a better beard than my son and she looked only 30 ish. She didn't speak much English apart from papers ! papers ! - I gave her my passport and drivers licence, she kept them and went for her boss.
Now a 50 something Sergeant comes along, she had no personality at all. She said that I was trying to drive into Croatia with a stolen car on plastic number plates ( which she at one point tried to rip off - I kid you not ), I told her I was on a driving holiday and going onto Hungary, she throwned at me why you drive racing car all over Europe with NO PAPERS !!! Now I have a personal number plate but it is legal with no added characters, though they may not be the correct font or spacing. But I did not have a GB badge on the plate or on the car - BIG NO NO. She was not happy,
where you come from? what you do? ( arghh - what you do !!! ?? ) at this point she got really cross and told me I can wait for THREE hours for causing them troubles !
they told me to park in between both lanes in and out, so everyone could have a good look at the monkey in the white racing car. eventually she came out and told me to follow her assistant which I did, right into her office which was the wrong thing to do, upset again she locked me in a holding cell, that had a big window so they could see me. Well there I was in a foreign country not speaking the language and locked in a room. So I scanned the walls for something in English, I saw a poster but it was near the floor, so I knelt down to read it. Now did I say I was in a room with a big glass window? well guess what - she couldn't see me now and must of thought I'd escaped or something, so she came rushing over and barged through the door. Well I nearly crapped myself and she jumped a mile when she saw me now on the floor. !!!
Well the upshot of all this excitement - she said we have a solution !!! We fine you !!!
So after signing some unknown Croatian papers and handing over a substantial wad of cash ( which probably paid for their Christmas Party ) they let me go.
Oh yes the fines.... 1 for no papers and 2 for no GB badge. That'll teach me.
Anyway thoroughly hacked off I drove into Croatia stopped as above and drove back out into Slovenia.
From here I drove to Germany and made my way back home via Belgium and France to Dunkirk.
I did the following countries;

1. ENGLAND
2. FRANCE
3. BELGIUM
4. LUXEMBOURG
5. GERMANY
6. SWITZERLAND
7. ITALY
8. AUSTRIA
9. SLOVENIA
10. CROATIA

And I covered nearly three thousand miles home to home !!

renegade79

Reaction score
Re: My RCZ went home !!!

awesome trip and great photos. there's probably a good book in there somewhere if you have time to write it..... :eusa-whistle:

RCZ-R

Reaction score

What a great read! Give us some more of it :greetings-wavingblue:
Yes, indeed you need to treat the police/officials in those post-communism countries in a certain way. I also had few encounters with them and the RCZ was like a red carpet to them. But all went good at the end.

Plecodoras

Reaction score

Thanks guys !!

Yes I tried to condense it and left quite a bit out.

Remember the snack stop? well I wasn't really hungry at this point but thought I might not see somewhere for a bit,
so I bought a whopping chicken and veg sandwich.
Then here I am stopped in between the lines of Romanians and Croatians coming and going, I've had my only can what now? mmm I'm a bit hungry I thought, I know I'll eat that lovely sandwich from earlier. Did I say it was a whopper, well it was huge and full of mayonnaise. Three bites in and it's all over my face ! when yes you guessed it along comes Sarg with her bearded friend, to tell me of solution!
So there I am wiping my face from all the mayonnaise " it's ok you eat - wait here, we do paperwork !"
Then they were back, this time her progeny ( she must have been - lol ) had a little note book.
"Give me your name and address" says Sarg, so I oblige spelling it all phonetically while she translated !!! to her daughter ( upgraded now - I had decided she was her daughter ) Now what this was for I don't know, for Christ sake they had my passport and driving license, couldn't they get my name from them? or was she after a partner, :wtf: and one day I'll get a knock at my door to a Bearded 30 year old, with her mother, father, grandma and grandpa all with their cases !!!
Well I did sign the papers saying I will support them if they ever travel to the UK !! ( well it could have said that - it was all in Croatian, I didn't have a clue what I was signing )..
So, the moral of this story....

Don't forget your PAPERS or you sign up to the "Compulsory Order of Croatian Kinship" or ( COCK ) for short !

Cheers n Beers :beer:

DanRo

Reaction score

Yes quiet a trip you did Mick.

Are you ready for the next one ;)

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score

Super road trip troubles and all makes for great memories! Shame Magna Stayer was a bit of a let down :thumbdown: how many Z owners can say they returned with their car to the factory where it was manufactured? :thumbup:

Plecodoras

Reaction score

neilgsxr69 said:
Super road trip troubles and all makes for great memories! Shame Magna Stayer was a bit of a let down :thumbdown: how many Z owners can say they returned with their car to the factory where it was manufactured? :thumbup:

Born dear chap, born.

Something as beautiful as the RCZ must have been born !

Oh to answer your question..... me for one. :beer:

Plecodoras

Reaction score

DanRo said:
Yes quiet a trip you did Mick.

Are you ready for the next one ;)

Yeah bring it on, heart attack or no heart attack. :wtf: :shock:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
bailey said:
very nice mick .I'm jealous

Hey Mick nice you found the Forum !

Don't be jealous - just get signed up for the Dolomites - I'll take care of you, just don't mention the Police - LOL

Cheers.