What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

My RCZ 2010

Woodso

Reaction score
Hi guy's,

Just got myself a 2010 Black 1.6 156 GT with 17,123 miles on the clock. Inside is like it has just come out of the showroom and the Grey leather seats do not have one blemish on them.

The paint work does have one or two minor blemishes but nothing that cannot be sorted in a couple of hours, once the worst of the winter weather has gone.

I did have a 1999 MGF but it had become something of a money pit and the wife hated it so it's gone.

I have had my eye on a RCZ for quite a while and when this one came up, it was too good to pass up on.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome, good luck with it. Any pictures?

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

DKZ5745

Reaction score
:greetings-wavingblue: Welcome :text-welcomewave:

Congratulations on joining the happy club. Smiles are compulsory from now on :dance:

:text-worthless:

Woodso

Reaction score
A couple of pic's taken this morning.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome, you’ve found yourself a smart car there! :clap: not many 2010 z’s with only 17k miles on the clock. Loads of information on here which you may find invaluable during your ownership and loads of friendly members eager to answer any questions you may have.
I would say check the service history if you have any and check to see if the timing chain and tensioner have been replaced something which this engine will require at some point mine needed doing at 17k. Identified by the car sounding like a diesel on cold startup. Don’t ignore this if it happens as it can lead to engine damage. Loads of threads on here relating to this problem.
My wife has had 2 MGF’s and yes they’re a money pit and a ticking time bomb especially with that head gasket! Great little sports car though but your Z is in a different league! Keep us posted of how your getting on. :thumbup: :beer:

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
You've got a matching armrest...
Want to swap? :D

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Woodso

That's a very nice looking Z you got there !

With only 17k miles on the clock over 7+ years, is just over 2400 miles a year, which is very low - so well done for finding that one !
As already mentioned check the history or maybe go to Peugeot and ask what recalls it's had because there has been several.

Love the interior !

Cheers

:beer:

Woodso

Reaction score
I do have a service history as follows:-

02/12/12 Peugeot "A" Type Service, 6105 Mls
21/05/13 Oil & Filter Change, 7811 Mls
19/05/14 Oil & Filter Change, 9237 Mls
11/05/15 Oil & Filter Change, Air Filter, Plugs, 10572 Mls
09/05/16 Oil & Filter Change, 11995 Mls
18/04/17 No Detail, 13213 Mls

The maintenance book does seem a little vague on what is exactly required regards servicing so any advice would be appreciated.

I don't really want to spend any more money at the moment as the wife would go ape, so I was looking to get it done April/May but what type of service should I go for, full or interim?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks as though your new car has been well looked after I would have thought with the low mileage your car has covered an interim service would suffice. :thumbup:

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
Once a Year is enough for so low Miles

You should continue this way, oil and All the filters
I would Change break and transmission fluids too and maybe the spark plugs but thats not necessery

tianorth

Reaction score
Pm me your Vin number and email address and I'll look on the Peugeot service system to get a pdf file of what/which is required for your vehicle and at what time or milage.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Woodso

Reaction score
Chris forwarded me the information as promised and it is greatly appreciated. It does seem that this is basically a low maintenance vehicle.

I am lucky to have a really good independent garage 1/2 mile away and I think that I will carry on the good practice the previous owner set in place by having a Oil & Filter change annually, albeit this year I will get the Brake Fluid changed also. I use the same garage for my MOT's and if anything was amiss they would pick it up.

I have had my eye on a RCZ for about 4 yr's but the missus alway's said no, until the MG started costing us a lot of money. I still can't beleive that I have such a fabulous car for it's age, with it's mileage and service history.