What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

My next car

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Sneak images revealed of the new VW concept car......

Attachments

• image.gif
    image.gif
    52.9 KB · Views: 10,088

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Looks like the PR people have finally settled on the "new" logo......

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    25.3 KB · Views: 10,087

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Called in at my local VW dealership this morning. I was looking at a really nice Golf TDI, but was concerned about the cost.

The salesman asked if I could afford £250 a month, I got quite excited and said yes with no problem, "so," he said, "that's the road tax sorted, now how much can you afford for the car" ? :lol: ;)

:wtf:

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Very LOL about this thread :thumbup:
Especially since I worked for the automotive industry and I've been telling this to all my friends since years. Maybe they tought, yeah, he doesnt like VW (which is true about me) so this is the reason why he is ranting about them and their diesel engines.
And then this Diesel Gate happened... Some of them told me afterwards, man, you were right, this is crazy! Ha ha.

I'm just sitting and watching this mess. I mean, I earned money from doing business with them...

Go on, keep this thread alive :greetings-wavingblue:

2retro

Reaction score
I asked my mate if he could lend me a £100 till payday as it was my girlfriends birthday and I would like to get her a present.

"Yeah sure, I know you're good for it, should get a decent present with a £100. " He said.

"Yes, " I replied, "I'm going to get her a used Volkswagen Golf. "

renegade79

Reaction score
What are people's actual thoughts on dieselgate? Do we think this could be the downfall of VW - some are even predicting a collapse of the German economy! Just wondered what people actually thought about it? Also, how are VW going to actually fix this issue? New engines, ecu tweeks, etc :eusa-whistle: ........

Not to mention the compensation payouts :crazy:

2retro

Reaction score
Well, if the only way car manufacturers can now get their diesel cars to pass the emission tests is to lie and cheat then let's be honest it's going to be the death of diesel.

And what happens if you're driving around in one of these 'illegal cars' already? If I had a diesel car it would be on AutoTrader already - no joke! :eek:

frankvdb

Reaction score
What they will do is replace the software so that the car also runs clean in normal conditions.
However, this will have an adverse effect on performance figures so I don't expect all owners to be happy with that.
It's clear that VW won't be able to both comply with emission rules and achieve the performance advertised on sale, and it's not clear what the loss in value of this for the owner will be.
It will be interesting to see how much the performance will decrease by the update, because if it is too much it may be a reason to undo the sale.

As the software was supplied by Bosch (who did inform VW that it's not legal as did a VW engineer so it clearly VW management is to blame) it's not imaginary that it was also supplied to other brands.
BTW this "incident" is only for a certain range of engines produced in a number of years. More recent engines do comply with emission rules. It is well known that the latest "Blue" technology engines (that use the same technology as the Euro6 trucks which uses an additive that is consumed much more than the Eolys of the HDi but can easily be refueled at petrol stations because Euro6 trucks need the same stuff), so overall diesel engines are clean.
They're at least much cleaner than the small 1.0 petrol engines with turbo or compressor which only need a catalytic converter and are known to emit amounts of fine dust that would make any diesel fail MOT.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
It appears VW have been expanding into military vehicles....... :eusa-think:

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    93 KB · Views: 9,988
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    16.7 KB · Views: 9,988

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Another happy customer takes delivery of his new VW.........

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    42.5 KB · Views: 9,985

DKZ5745

Reaction score
It has come to light that VW has dabbled with central heating systems, can you spot the one they fitted........... :wtf:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    82.9 KB · Views: 9,985

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Some VW technicians claim they may have been affected by working in the VW factory.............

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    249.3 KB · Views: 9,983

DKZ5745

Reaction score
After seeing this photograph, the VW management asked if their workers would not all start their cars at the same time at the end of the working day.........

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 9,982

DKZ5745

Reaction score
It's often hard for their wives to wave the VW workers off on their way to work........... No really, it is, very hard.........

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    249 KB · Views: 9,981

DKZ5745

Reaction score
A snap from the convoy part of the last Golf TDI meet, quite a good turn out............

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    252.1 KB · Views: 9,981

DKZ5745

Reaction score
The secret headquarters of the VW development section........

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    253.2 KB · Views: 9,981

DKZ5745

Reaction score
News is emerging of a VW rock band......

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    19.8 KB · Views: 9,979

DKZ5745

Reaction score
In a bid to regain public confidence, VW are to sponsor the next olympics..........

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    37.3 KB · Views: 9,979