What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

My first RCZ in Australia.

Geoff Anson

Reaction score
HI all. Just bought my first RCZ. I live in Sydney. Got a good deal on a 2015 model, Mercury Grey with Black trim. Absolutely spotless throughout. 50,000km but has all the "fixes" done like timing chain etc. Should be a reliable driver after that. I have admired this car for years. Art with an engine I reckon. Let me know if there are any tricks and traps I need to become aware of that might cost $$ in the months and years ahead.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Geoff
Welcome to the forum and hope you have a many miles of happy motoring with that big smile on your face as you will see what a beautiful car the RCZs are to drive, maybe after this crazy 🤪 virus allows you more travel you may be able to meet up with apple 3337...
What you need to check is the oil each week as the THP engine uses a bit and needs to be kept topped up, and regular oil changes is a must..... Stay safe, drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Hi Geoff, welcome to the forum 👋.
As Verminatir said the oil level is crucial on these engines don’t be tempted to wait for the low oil warning, as it’s probably too late by then.
Also, if you’re ever jacking the car up, be very careful of the jacking points, they are not fit for purpose, and will bend, often splitting the sill. Most use a trolley Jack on the cross members for safety.
You might want to get some rubbing oil too, cos your neck is going to ache from all the turning round to look when you’ve parked up. The Z is one beautiful car 👍

Geoff Anson

Reaction score
Hi Geoff, welcome to the forum 👋.
As Verminatir said the oil level is crucial on these engines don’t be tempted to wait for the low oil warning, as it’s probably too late by then.
Also, if you’re ever jacking the car up, be very careful of the jacking points, they are not fit for purpose, and will bend, often splitting the sill. Most use a trolley Jack on the cross members for safety.
You might want to get some rubbing oil too, cos your neck is going to ache from all the turning round to look when you’ve parked up. The Z is one beautiful car 👍
Good advice. Many thanks.

Geoff Anson

Reaction score
Hi Geoff
Welcome to the forum and hope you have a many miles of happy motoring with that big smile on your face as you will see what a beautiful car the RCZs are to drive, maybe after this crazy 🤪 virus allows you more travel you may be able to meet up with apple 3337...
What you need to check is the oil each week as the THP engine uses a bit and needs to be kept topped up, and regular oil changes is a must..... Stay safe, drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co
Excuse my ignorance. What is a THP engine?

2retro

Reaction score
THP stands for Turbo High Pressure. It's the RCZ engine. 👍

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Also, you will see it called the Prince engine. THP is the type, Prince is the model.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome as the guys have said keep an eye on the oil and use 0w-30 Total ineo first if available and you won’t go far wrong.
Don’t be shy to post some photos of you down under beauties (that doesn’t sound quite right 😳🤣🤣

Geoff Anson

Reaction score
Hi and welcome as the guys have said keep an eye on the oil and use 0w-30 Total ineo first if available and you won’t go far wrong.
Don’t be shy to post some photos of you down under beauties (that doesn’t sound quite right 😳🤣🤣
Does anyone know if that is the right oil for Australian conditions? It is a bit hotter down here than in the UK. Also, can you buy in in Australia?

apple3337

Reaction score
Does anyone know if that is the right oil for Australian conditions? It is a bit hotter down here than in the UK. Also, can you buy in in Australia?
My RCZ was last serviced by the previous owner at a S.A. Pug dealer using Total Ineo 0W-30. So yes it is for sale in Oz and I assume 0W-30 is fine for here.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
This car is very particular about oil. Don’t wait for the low oil warning (never a good thing on any car) but with the Z that can be too late. Regular oil checks are a must as it does use oil. Make sure you use the correct grade oil if not using the recommended manufacturer, as there have been disaster stories on here where members have decided to use their “old favourite” oil.
Regular top-ups of the correct grade oil & you’ll have no problems 👍

Geoff Anson

Reaction score
So will any brand 0W30 fully synthetic be Ok to use? Also, I find it very hard to read the dip stick. Any clues?

apple3337

Reaction score
Ha ha yeah, a tip I got on the RCZ FB group (or maybe on here :)) Put the dipstick horizontally on a piece of paper towel. The oil leaves a mark at the correct level. Level with the bottom edge of upper metal marker. When I got mine it was overfilled. I had to remove about 600 ml of oil to get it down a bit. Do not overfill!

SARUBUBU

Reaction score
HI all. Just bought my first RCZ. I live in Sydney. Got a good deal on a 2015 model, Mercury Grey with Black trim. Absolutely spotless throughout. 50,000km but has all the "fixes" done like timing chain etc. Should be a reliable driver after that. I have admired this car for years. Art with an engine I reckon. Let me know if there are any tricks and traps I need to become aware of that might cost $$ in the months and years ahead.
me too. i bought last year. but i got a flat tyre rear left but when i open the boot i can't find the locknut key :(