What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

My first European car... (New Zealand)

A

Anonymous

I collected my brand new RCZ yesterday (black / manual / turbo) and thrilled with it. I've been driving MX5's for the last 16 years - an 1800 then a 2litre - and had never planned to change to anything else. Then I saw a most amazing car on the motorway and I stalked it until I could figure out what it was.

After a look at a car yard, then a test drive a month ago followed by some very hard negotiation I now own one. I feel rather guilty looking at my pristine and oh-so-much-fun MX5 (which will go on the market next week) but the RCZ is just stunning.

Now to read the handbook....

A

Anonymous

At last a nz post!!! Not many of us but what a great car to drive fast on sealed hi camber roads- are u from ak? If so coatsville river head or kaipara flats roads are made for this car. Also pretty sweet on Ponsonby rd

A

Anonymous

Yep, I'm an aucklander!

Heading to Hamilton on Thursday afternoon for a meeting so planning to test her out a bit, then doing the Kaiaua road to Clevedon on Friday morning for some good tight corners, really looking forward to it.

What do you have?

A

Anonymous

Same- 200bhp black- went to the tron in it last week and played in the roads west of huntly - you'll have fun and be be the coolest car in hamiton

A

Anonymous

:text-welcomewave: :happy-wavemulticolor: :text-welcomewave:
A big welcome to both of you. If only we had your roads to explore our cars in! Mind you our bendy country lanes are great fun.

A

Anonymous

Did they spend much time trying to talk you in to an automatic? Sheesh, if you specify a manual then surely you are not going to be talked out of it just to suit what they want to move off the yard....

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
:text-welcomewave: :happy-wavemulticolor: :text-welcomewave:
A big welcome to both of you. If only we had your roads to explore our cars in! Mind you our bendy country lanes are great fun.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

A

Anonymous

Hiya!

Driving in NZ last year I was amazed how few cars are on the fabulous roads!

I drove from Christchurch to Queenstown inland, and did the coastal return.

But I do recall the warnings from locals that the fines for speeding are HARSH!

So drive safe and stealthily!

Davie

A

Anonymous

my son has a mx5 brand new 61 plate and is only 19 years old and loves it i had a go in it :cool: 1 word gocart :dance: the rcz does not drive anywhere near as good but looks a lot better :thumbup: another buyer drawn in by deceptive looks lets hope it dont dissapoint ya :)

RCZ1

Reaction score
jassyo06 said:
my son has a mx5 brand new 61 plate and is only 19 years old and loves it i had a go in it :cool: 1 word gocart :dance: the rcz does not drive anywhere near as good but looks a lot better :thumbup: another buyer drawn in by deceptive looks lets hope it dont dissapoint ya :)

Bit harsh, if you don't mind me saying. The RCZ is a great car to drive and before you say otherwise, yes I have driven some great drivers cars in my time. " another buyer drawn in by deceptive looks " - that's quite an insult to the members of the forum don't you think? Yes it is a beautiful car to look at but presumably the majority of owners on here all took test drives before making their decision.

It's all down to personal preferences and the decisions we make reflect that. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I'd love to drive the RCZ round New Zealand - some fond childhood memories there, haven't been back since 1984 though.

Best engineered mountain roads in the world ...

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:

Emmmm - you own one, do you not Jassy?? :eusa-think: You're slagging off your own choices! :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

Why is there so much traffic about people buying the rcz for it's looks- hello it's a coupe- if i wanted value for money I would have bought a kizashi or a outbacker. Of course I bought it for looks.

A

Anonymous

Kahawai said:
Why is there so much traffic about people buying the rcz for it's looks- hello it's a coupe- if i wanted value for money I would have bought a kizashi or a outbacker. Of course I bought it for looks.
:text-goodpost: :happy-wavemulticolor: :text-goodpost:

A

Anonymous

come on you certain peeps ;) its only a car not your flesh&blood same old same old :sleeping-yellow: maybe i am impervious to RCZ JEDI mind trick :lol: ;)

AND RON stop using that same old same old :happy-wavemulticolor: smilie............... :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

I accept that this is a completely different style of car to drive to an MX5 (which I have loved for 16 years) but although different, it's not disappointing. For me, as well as loving how it looks, this is an essential move away from a convertible due to ongoing melanoma issues. The RCZ gives me a fabulous looking car which handles well and the envious looks almost make up for not driving a convertible! I got a thumbs up from a guy the other day which was funny.

A

Anonymous

Kirinesha said:
I accept that this is a completely different style of car to drive to an MX5 (which I have loved for 16 years) but although different, it's not disappointing. For me, as well as loving how it looks, this is an essential move away from a convertible due to ongoing melanoma issues. The RCZ gives me a fabulous looking car which handles well and the envious looks almost make up for not driving a convertible! I got a thumbs up from a guy the other day which was funny.

i sympathise with your malanoma problems my friend as i went through this with my girlfriend going to the hospital every month to get little moles cut out, it was on going for 2 years she was a sun worshiper for years but se good now :thumbup:and so will ou :thumbup: enjoy your car my friend :) i aint bessoted with rcz and most on this forum seem to think thats wrong and for expressing my thoughts ;) :)

A

Anonymous

Had some wonderful country roads to try out this week between Kaiaua and Auckland and although prepared to be a little underwhelmed after my years of MX5 driving in fact found the RCZ very lively, responsive and exiting. Tight steep corners in a gully that I would have previously done at 85ks (recommended speed of _cough_ let's just say way less) with the MX5 I did easily at 95ks with the RCZ. Very impressed, was keen to turn around and do it all over again but had work to do so kept on going - with a big smile on my face.

The only sad thing has been grooming my lovely MX5 for one last time and listing it on a local auction site. It's only 5 years old (I've owned since brand new) and has less than 50,000ks on the clock. I'd love to keep both.

A

Anonymous

My particular favorite is up hill climbs on a sealed road- having driven holdens for years it seems very light, grips well and surprisingly fast for the engine. Kaukapakapa to warkworth is a joy