What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

My first car - RCZ 2013

akselarium

Reaction score
peugeot.png

Hi there!

I've had an obsession with the Peugeot RCZ ever since I was a teenager in 2014. No clue where I first learned about it, but I do remember being infatuated with the design - something about the back side of the car :D

I was actually so obsessed that I made my parents take me to the International Frankfurt Motor Show in 2015. The Lamborghinis, Bugattis and Ferraris in the fair were a nice side-quest compared to my main goal - seeing the RCZ-R in real life and sitting in it for a bit. I even bought a 1:18 toy model of the RCZ-R from the fair. I specifically remember it cost me 50 EUR of my savings, which was quite a bit for 14yr old me. I still have the model 8 years later in my living room.

No other car (except for some completely unnatainable legendary supercars) got me as excited as the RCZ. I've looked at TTs, Z4s, 350Zs, Sciroccos, etc - none of them had the charm the RCZ has.

Ever since the fair I've set it as a goal of mine to have it. Some years it felt impossible, but the last few my career took off and it started becoming realistic.

Unfortunately my country only sees a new RCZ offer once every few months, and they're usually the pre-facelift ones, which I'm not that big a fan of... I came across a great offer for a facelifted 2013 version, but just as I was prepping up to buy it in a month or so... it got sold.

Felt fairly devastated and went home to my parents for the holidays... Only to see my dad pull up with it and hand me the keys. Needless to say emotions and adrenaline and general hysteria ensued :D I was going to finance part of the car via bank loan, and when they heard that they apparently thought it would be better if they just got it for me and I could pay them off in my own time, without the added interest or stress that comes with bank loans.

So yeah... this is my new baby and my first car. 156HP gasoline 2013 RCZ. It ain't much... but it's mine <3

Attachments

• IMG_3081.jpeg
    IMG_3081.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 18
  • peugeot 1.png
    peugeot 1.png
    320 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

akselarium

Reaction score
AFAIK the exterior colour is referred to as Pearl White - I wasn't a big fan of it on photos and thought maybe I could paint it black or english racing green in the future, but IRL it's very pretty. The previous owner seemed to have taken good care of the gloss.

The interior is interesting - The seats are black leather and what I think is suede. They look factory. I don't know what the name of these specific seats is, but they are reeeally nice. I've seen the textile ones and was not a big fan of the design, but I'm also not fond of normal shiny leather. The setup on my car is the best I could have hoped for.

Kyemin

Reaction score
I'm happy for you and your dream come true. Enjoy it. No fear. ;)

Bernie

Reaction score
Well done, RCZ's are great cars.

I'm on my 2nd, I drive past Audi TT's and mouth "no imagination"