What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

My Brothers new Car

DKZ5745

Reaction score
So, went round to see him yesterday, he has kerbed both front wheels now :shock: I fear for his car :eusa-think:

2retro

Reaction score
2 down, 2 to go! :roll:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
But this is a work of art..........

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    254.3 KB · Views: 7,845
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    242.8 KB · Views: 7,845

DKZ5745

Reaction score
So update on my Brothers new car, some B@5tard did this to it on his drive overnight.

£650 XS! Repair estimate £2935. I hope the next time they pull out from a blind junction they meet another scrote doing 80mph

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    249.8 KB · Views: 7,773
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    251.4 KB · Views: 7,773
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    249.6 KB · Views: 7,773

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I can only assume it was stolen to re-sell, but the mounting bracket was left behind, broken @ split, so what's the point?

Either that or I will need to watch out for some chav with an enormous spoiler bodged onto the roof of his boy racer.

Either way it's left my Brother so upset, and £650 out of pocket, his car will be away for repair for God knows how long, and of course his insurance premiums will go up massively next time. The Police weren't interested in the slightest, they only said he had to make sure he informed them of the actual cost of the repair for their figures.

He is now looking into the cost of an extension on his Garage so he can get his car into it. He says he will never feel safe leaving his car on his drive again.

I am getting him a CCTV system, which I will fit for him in an attempt to make him feel a bit more secure, but like he says, that will only show figures dressed in black nicking his next spoiler, it won't actually stop it happening.

Sad world.

Sanity

Reaction score
Sad reading!
Glad that I live in Sweden as we get those things covered by the insurance and the premium stays the same if it's not the owners fault!

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Tomas_90 said:
Why doesn't the insurance pay for that?

The insurance company is paying for the repair, but my Brother had a £650 excess, meaning he has to pay the first £650 of any claim that can't be recovered from a third party.
Even though this clearly wasn't his fault, as there is nobody to recover the excess from, he has to pay it.

If the Police could have been bothered to investigate the crime, and by chance happened to fall over the person(s) who did it, then the insurance company could recover the costs from them, so it wouldn't cost my Brother anything, but because it would actually take a bit of detective work, rather than pointing a laser gun at cars travelling on straight wide safe roads, there is no chance anyone will be caught.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
As for the premium going up next time, again, even though it clearly wasn't his fault, because the repair cost cannot be recovered from a third party, it affects his premium next time, even though it is recorded as a no fault claim.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Is an expensive exess that :eek: I pay 200 € exess and the insurance company the rest if something/anything happens to my car. But, different rules for different countries and all that...

Hurts just as much looking at :(

tianorth

Reaction score
Looks like the insurance companies are looking to get us to pay for the repairs more.
Just taken out a new policy and that has a £650 excess as well.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
So, a few updates on my brothers car.

He had 2 attempted break-ins at his house, and the police said it was to steal the car keys.

So, he had all the alloys re-furbished and any paintwork chips etc made right, so it looked like a showroom model & went car hunting.

He said he'd had enough of sleepless nights wondering what will be next, so, he turned up at my house today in his new new car. He has bought a BMW 420D MSport Coupe.

He paid @ £50,000 a year ago for his Merc. He has done just over 5000 miles. He traded it in for his new BMW & got just £31950 for it.

So he took @ an £18000 hit.

Here's his new new car........

Attachments

• IMG_0743.JPG
    IMG_0743.JPG
    245.4 KB · Views: 7,309
  • IMG_0742.JPG
    IMG_0742.JPG
    252.4 KB · Views: 7,309
  • IMG_0741.JPG
    IMG_0741.JPG
    249.8 KB · Views: 7,309

renegade79

Reaction score
Sounds like your brother was the subject of another crime - THEFT! That dealer trade in was appalling! :shock:
Your brother needs that garage extension done asap!

Anth SAFC

Reaction score
So over the two cars he's took a hit of approx 45k.. doh... I would advise he looks at personal leasing over 2 years then he can hand them back without the major hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I think it would have been cheaper for him to hire a Ferrari for a couple of years. No, really, I think it would. :eek:

Reaction score
Sad that you can't have nice things without scrotes wrecking them.

I'd have been seriously tempted to buy that car off him btw and hiven a damn sight more than the stealers.

Gorgeous car. Hate to think what they have it on the forecourt at now.