What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

My Brothers new Car

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Just been with my brother to sign up for this, he is trading his 14 plate BMW GT in.....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    248 KB · Views: 11,129
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    251.5 KB · Views: 11,129
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    251.5 KB · Views: 11,129
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    252.6 KB · Views: 11,129

RCZ1

Reaction score
Do you know I quite like these! I'm not sure quite why as they are not the type of car I would normally like the look of :)

Reaction score
Awesome car, but 50k for a car is fantasy for me.

I feel guilty and scared spending 16k every 3 years.

:D

DKZ5745

Reaction score
So, I test drove the car today, I know it's much faster than my Z (0-60 in 4.3) but for some reason it didn't seem faster. I had trouble with the flappy paddle changes too, but I suppose I would get used to that.

Slight problem when I accidentally selected manual gear change & didn't realise it, accelerated away from a roundabout & hit the rev limiter in first :oops:

I do think my brother is making a bit of a mistake, he is trading his 14 plate BMW GT in with 19k which he paid nearly £48k for including all the extras he had on it, and they are giving him £21500 for it :eek:

He is in his mid 60's and not a well man, this car is totally different to anything he has had before. I know it's nice to have a change, I did it with the Z, but I seriously fear for his health driving this car. He isn't the best of drivers, and I think this car might need a good driver. Either that, or he will stick it in comfort mode, and never do more than 50. Either way, this car is probably not the best idea he has had recently.

It does look awesome though, but having said that, if I had nearly £50k to play with, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be dashing out to get one :eusa-think:

But it is his money & his life, I know he is old enough to make his own decisions, I have advised him what my thoughts were, and I am happy that he feels he has chosen the right car. I hope he is right.

On the other hand, apparently I am the sole beneficiary of his will :eusa-shhh: :eusa-whistle:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Btw, after selecting sport mode, you really want to hear the exhaust note change WOW :D :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Complete with the splatter & pops on gear change, the difference in sound from comfort to sport is quite astonishing. :eusa-think:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
People of South Yorkshire, you are safe until the 22nd. That's when he takes delivery :helpme:

tianorth

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
but I seriously fear for his health driving this car. He isn't the best of drivers,

So when do you start your new job as the driver/chauffeur? 22nd I believe.....

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I think he will be wanting to drive it himself, but he has already indicated it might be my responsibility to keep it clean & looking as shiny as my Z :eusa-think:

Tomas_90

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
I do think my brother is making a bit of a mistake, he is trading his 14 plate BMW GT in with 19k which he paid nearly £48k for including all the extras he had on it, and they are giving him £21500 for it :eek:
Owieee! Daaamn that hurts just thinking about! :(

You do hear the "Premium" BMW's and Mercs keeping their value better than Pugs or Vauhalls, but that's pretty steep even for a BMW... :wtf:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
The reeeeaaaallly bad thing is, he said as long as they offer him over £20K he will be happy :shock:

Btw you are all safe for a few more days, the delivery has been put back to next Thursday :eusa-whistle:

I'm just looking forward to buying this off him in two years for £20K :lol: so if anyone wants first refusal on my Z for 2 years time, better get your name in the list now :crazy: (I will be asking silly money however cos even £20K is tooooo much for me) :helpme:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
We all go on about Pug dealers, Mercedes seem to be no better organised.

My brother said he wanted a GLA 45 AMG 4Matic, and wanted to order a 16 plate, having seen this black one in the showroom.
They went on about how 1 man in Stutgart is responsible for the making of each AMG engine, and how each engine is signed by the guy who makes it, and because of this there is a massive lead time, and it might already be too late to order one for the 1st of March, but they were happy to try to get one for then, or as soon after then as possible, OR, he could buy the one they had in the showroom which was brand new with delivery mileage, and all the kit on it that he wanted.

After test driving, he asked if it could be held until the 16 plates came out, but they said no, it would have to go on a 65 plate, as March was too far away to hold the car.

He agreed to have it on a 65 plate, and negotiations started, with me pushing for discounts everywhere & extra allowance on his BMW (he really is a salesman's dream, just accepting first offer & price on screen)

Price & part-ex agreed, they then discovered that in fact the car in the showroom was already registered as a Demo vehicle, and as such, had to be available in the showroom for 90 days to fulfil obligations with Mercedes.

So price was dropped accordingly and part-ex held although his BMW was going to be 3 months older, so hats off to the dealer there. They also said they would look to find another brand new vehicle if at all possible.

They then set about finding another exact same car (colour, spec, kit etc) and to everyone's surprise, there was another brand new unregistered one in the UK to exact same spec, except it had @ £360 more extras on it, but they said as they had made the error, they would keep to the demo model price agreed, and no increase in price for the extras.

So all was well in the end, but it turned a very simple car sale into a three day complication :sleeping-yellow:

A

Anonymous

Hans must be busy knocking out engines 24/7 cause their making 5000 a week. Looked at a gla when changing but misses wouldn't even sit in it let alone take a test drive. There really small inside

tianorth

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
I'm just looking forward to buying this off him in two years for £20K :lol: so if anyone wants first refusal on my Z for 2 years time, better get your name in the list now :crazy: (I will be asking silly money however cos even £20K is tooooo much for me) :helpme:

I take it you'll have a new kitchen by then!:cry::mrgreen:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
:brickwall: Kitchen Aaarrgghh :helpme:

Just had the chance of a white R on 64 plate with little more then delivery mileage for £22895 :dance:

So that would be my 200GT & @ £6k ish.

Can anyone guess what my OH said when I mentioned this :?:

Answers on a postcard :eusa-whistle: winner buys the quads :lol:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
bigmac3161 said:
Hans must be busy knocking out engines 24/7 cause their making 5000 a week. Looked at a gla when changing but misses wouldn't even sit in it let alone take a test drive. There really small inside

To be fair, anyone who drives round in a Z is hardly in a position to say there isn't much room inside another car :eusa-whistle:

We had 4 inside comfortably for the test drive.

Don't get me wrong, I still prefer the Z Hans down :lol:

RCZ1

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:

Just had the chance of a white R on 64 plate with little more then delivery mileage for £22895 :dance:

She said bleep bleep bleep bleep bleep !

TAC

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:

Put your knickers on and go and make me a cup of tea.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
DKZ5745 said:

She said bleep bleep bleep bleep bleep !

Close enough, the quads are on you :lol:

tianorth

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:

If you want the RCZ-R then guess what I want first.