What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

My 1 week update.

A

Anonymous

Well it's been a week already since i took ownership of my lovely Opal 156 GT, so far no issues at all, 1 week is a bit soon to give a full review but here are my opinions so far.

Outside :
Well it's stunning, at traffic lights, junctions, car parks ect ect this car just attracts full attention, bit embarrasing at first, but now i just give the royal wave, :wave:
The 19 inch Onyx Black Solstice wheels with the brushed alloy rim really go well with the white paint work, very pleased i opted for them, they make the car look even lower, it's an awsome, awsome look.
I did have mud flaps fitted and again i think they look good up against the white paint work.
The gloss black front skirts are sleek yet add another look to the front.
The Gardx protection was applied well and does give a very good deep shine, rain just beads and runs away, i did have concerns about having the paint protection but now i'm pleased that i did.
I think it's all about personalisation with the RCZ, there are a lot of cosmetic options available.

Inside:
All the toys a child should need, the NG4 sat nav media center is top class, simple to use with far too many features to mention.
I did think it was an expensive option, but it's far more than just a sat nav, it really is the hub of the controls, and gives a great look to the dash and center consol.
Outstanding sound from the speakers which are the standard ones, not sure if the NG4 produces a better sound than the standard cd system ? But i'm very impressed with this. The JBL upgrade must be something very special to beat the standard speakers, for me after listening to these speakers i would be very hesitant to spend £600 on the JBL speaker upgrade, but that's just my opinion.
Parking sensors work a treat, escpecialy with the coloured count down on the NG4 screen.
All the techy bits work a treat, from the bluetooth to the folding mirrors
Leather seats are well made, firm but comfortable, electric adjustment is smooth and quick. Have'nt tried the seat warmers yet, thats next :oops: !!
Bags of room up front and not as cramped in the back as i though it would be. My son is 5' 11" and he can sit up straight in the back with comfortable leg room & headroom. His mate has a TT and in that he has to sit in the center of the back seat leaning forward due to the lack of headroom.
The boot is just huge, could easily hide one of those TT things in there.

Driving:
Definitely a firmer harder, drive than my previous car ( Astra SRI 140), road noise is also a little louder, i'm putting this down to the 19" wheels and lower profile tyres.
Handling though is far better on this car than on the Astra, this just sticks to the road, it's like being on tracks, it's also quicker 0-60 without a shadow of a doubt.
I did find the gear change quite sticky for the first few days but i think that was me just adjusting to the Peugeot 6 speed box, now i'm fine with it, in fact if you glide the gear change rather than panic and force it, then it just falls into the gear that you want.
The performance of the 156 is for me more than enough, it has good acceleration when it is needed , and will happily cruise along at motorway speeds without any problem what so ever, the engine feels smooth and quite raspy when you do give it a little prod, i think this sporty sound is part of the "sports interior kit " option, which does work.
Vision looking out is fine, no real blind spots, maybe drivers side rear but not like the Astra, which has two awful blind spots at the rear pillars.
Fuel consumption for me so far seems very good, i have'nt really been doing any heavy right foot stuff, but the onboard display show's that i'm averaging 40mpg around town, so i'm happy with that.
The climate control is for me one of the best i have had, very very good.

Anyway thats enough for now, no real gripes worth mentioning, just things that i need to adjust to rather than them being a problem.

Hope this did'nt bore you. :sleeping-yellow:

TO SUM UP, I JUST LOVE IT :D

A

Anonymous

My only negative upon your appraisal is that you state that "the NG4 sat nav media center is top class, simple to use with far too many features to mention" I believe that it should come with a separate instruction manual as it is in my opinion anything but simple to use.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
My only negative upon your appraisal is that you state that "the NG4 sat nav media center is top class, simple to use with far too many features to mention" I believe that it should come with a separate instruction manual as it is in my opinion anything but simple to use.

Its got its own full section in the owners handbook :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Well 0058RON i must confess that i did have a little help from my son, :oops: , who installs sat navs, media players ect for Halfords/Ripspeed.
There was no feature on the NG4 that he had a problem with or found to be difficult to work out and had not seen before.
However like i say he is installing these type of systems daily and it was a bonus having him to show me how things work without having to go through the manual ,which after having a browse through myself i thought did cover everything on the NG4 without making it too difficult to understand.

I would agree that if your not "into" that sort of thing, then yes some of the features will need some learning and adjusting to, but that applies to even the basic of systems, if you have never used it before.
For instance it was the "media" features on the NG4 that i needed a little help with but once i was shown and had a play around it was fine. The sat nav side of it i thought was fairly straight forward anyway, and again i think the maual covers this well too.

I think like most new owners once the "play time" period has passed then you will just stick to what ever features you find easiest to use and are most beneficial to your driving needs, i certainly dont need ALL the features of the NG4 at the moment, but one day i'm sure one of the other features will come in handy .

Then it's back to the manual or drag my boy out of bed. :lol:

A

Anonymous

I found the handbook as much use as a chocolate fire guard. My car plays the music of it's choice as opposed to mine! The Ipod doesn't work, the telephone is hopeless and the sat nav a nightmare. An expensive white elephant for me. Just the other day sat nav said motorway closed. So like a dutiful man I obeyed and left several junctions before the incident so now on minor roads. Came across road closed. Could I tell the damn sat nav so it could get me around the blockage. Could I nelly. Had to turn it off and rejoin the motorway! Icould go on about my experiences with the system but this is not the topic in discussion