What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Multi Point Check issues

pfaulkner

Reaction score
Peugeot Gateway in Crewe have done the multi point check and have said that there is an oil leak coming from the solenoid wiring and to rectify the issue it will cost £600 as they need to remove the drive train to access it...Does this seem right?

Also the cambelt is cracked and there is a leak from the rocket cover gasket - do these need addressing asap?

Last edited:

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Well as I am sure that you know peugeot dealership change you the earth. But like any other garage it's finding one that is good and you can trust, worth shopping around and making a few phone calls.
Hope you get sorted out..
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

JC1

Reaction score
Can I ask what they charged for the window regulator? Im just about to do mine, failed at 44k miles..!

pfaulkner

Reaction score
Peugeot Gateway in Crewe charged me £800 for the regulator, motor and labour. They also replaced the door lining, screws and wiring due to a botched attempt by the previous owner.

RIP OFF! But nobody else would/could do it and the window was all the way down at a time when it was raining for a few days.

JC1

Reaction score
Oof that's a sore one mate! I got the regulator for £230 still sore at that.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Quite a few RCZ’s in our local breakers sounds like something they would have

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Peugeot Gateway in Crewe have done the multi point check and have said that there is an oil leak coming from the solenoid wiring and to rectify the issue it will cost £600 as they need to remove the drive train to access it...Does this seem right?

Also the cambelt is cracked and there is a leak from the rocket cover gasket - do these need addressing asap?
Sounds expensive, unless you trust this dealer impeccably then I would be suspicious any multi point checks. If you have a petrol they don’t have cam belt it’s a chain. A leak from the rocker cover is common and a pain to sort I’ve had two gaskets and it’s still weeping.

pfaulkner

Reaction score
Sounds expensive, unless you trust this dealer impeccably then I would be suspicious any multi point checks. If you have a petrol they don’t have cam belt it’s a chain. A leak from the rocker cover is common and a pain to sort I’ve had two gaskets and it’s still weeping.

Sorry Aux belt not cam belt.

JC1

Reaction score
I found a 2nd hand unit on Fleebay, they wanted £189!!! Unreal

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Thing is as time goes on prices for parts are going to go up and up, but it’s worth remembering that some parts are shared by 308 and some Citroen’s.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
I think if you're thinking about keeping your RCZ for many years then it might be worth getting a few spare parts in your garage for when things go wrong and at the moment the price is right as previously stated they will go up and you can not lose out if you don't use them some one will need them and as you know that the price is lower now as they will be in the future so a am sure you will not lose out I have now a small stock pile of items that may go wrong and I will need in the future I keep going to the local scrap yard and buy them for the sake of buying lol 😂 might have to buy one of them on ebay for next to nothing parts worth more than the price of the car might need a bigger garage lol 😂
All drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co