What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Moving over to the otherside, seen a coupe !Could it be a TT?

turboguy

Reaction score
Lol:p no chance. But have been to see another coupe to add to the collection.
Has anyone on here had of of these rust buckets , Toyota MR2 Turbo mk2? Are they any good ? They are pretty quick and I have always liked the MR2.
Also gives me chance to rest my RCZ R as its done too many miles in a short time (20K in 2 years).

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
The MK2 Toyota MR2 Turbo was renowned to be a bit of an animal with more power than the handling package could cope with especially in the wet, if you like a scary ride then this could be right up your street

travelswithanrcz

Reaction score
I've been tempted a couple of times to pick up an MR2 as a fun runaround alternative to my RCZ - loved the MR2 as a kid and still seriously wanted one up until about ten years ago when I felt they were getting a little long in the tooth.

I've heard that the early 90s MK2s were pretty scary to drive, but later models were balanced better and more stable. Quite a few examples also didn't have power steering, which sellers often try to pass off as the car having a "sporty feel".

Life's too short to not buy the things you want, I say go for it :D

turboguy

Reaction score
Lol , backed out of it cos it was nowhere near as fast as my R, plus now I need the cash to pay for the repair bill of the R. :eek:

travelswithanrcz

Reaction score
They ain't as fast (unless you get your hands on one of the 240bhp ones) but that MR handling is super fun.

RCZKam

Reaction score
I’ve had 3 mk2’s all revision 3

As above the early revision 1 had a reputation for looking for ditches, this was rectified in the rev 2 (larger front lip basically!) Rev 3 onwards is what you want as nicer rear spoiler but even then swap rear spoiler for the rev 5 one

If it’s got 17’s on find some 16’s, with the 17’s apart from looking like a roller skate they will find a ditch for you, they just don’t gel well together, with some 16’s you stand half a chance of recovery if does let go as mid engine is interesting when your pushing it :confused:

With the turbo the only issue is the “hose from hell” if it’s been changed great, engine drop to change otherwise

Check air con

If it has one of them silly roof scoops hanging over rear side section of the rear window then get rid of, they interrupt and cause a turbulence to the natural air flow to the engine

I wouldn’t say they are mega quick, they are tired now but like any jap car from that era they respond amazingly well to subtle tuning

The lines on them still look good today :cool:

Tubby I had was sprayed Nissan midnight purple 1, rev 5 rear spoiler, split rims and air filter. Huge exhaust came with it :)

startlineup1.jpeg

turboguy

Reaction score
If the right car ever turns up , will definitely buy one. Wonder if there are any original Rev5 turbos that were imported from Japan?