What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Mortified!

hanswuk

Reaction score

Noticed a scratch on my RCZ today. :( Have no idea where or how it happened but am pretty sure it's nothing I've done.

It actually looks worse on the photo than in reality but it is still quite noticeable. Has anyone (RCZ1 - I'm thinking of you here!) got any recommendations how I can remove or at least improve it?

A

Anonymous

Looks like somebody's been sitting on it rivet on jeans pocket. It's the old one about how deep it is weather polishing will do any good or not.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Firstly Hans, does your finger nail catch in the scratch if you run your nail over it?

If it doesn't then it needs a bit of elbow grease and a good polish. Something like Gtechniq P1 polish would be good and also a hand polish pad. A good hand polish pad is a good accessory for anyone to have as it has 2 sides. A soft side for apply waxes or a sealant and a coarser side for removing scratches such as this.

This may also work if you find that your nail does catch the scratch. It may not remove it totally but it will certainly be less visible.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/accessori ... od_31.html

I hope this helps :)

A

Anonymous

Sorry too see this mate,hope your rcz is restored to its full glory soon.

A

Anonymous

Someone put a deep scratch on the roof of my black RCZ.
From windscreen to rear window.

I used a black T Cut to remove it.
Cannot even see where the scratch was.

A

Anonymous

Ouch, sorry for you m8 :cry:

I'm no expert, but in my past experience with scratches I would of thought that as it is deep enough to see the undercoat/primer then it's past polishing out :thumbdown:

Like RCZ1 says if your nail "picks" at it then it's more difficult to completely remove. And being on a darker car it will probably also show up more.

You could try one of those coloured scratch removers, there a few on the market now.
Apparently the Mantis one is very good, but I'm not sure if it comes as coloured ?

Only other option if you cant live with it, is one of those smart repairs, but if they paint it they will have to blend in with the whole rear quarter, unless they have another scratch removal / polishing technique :eusa-think:

Anyway m8 I hope you get it sorted. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Hanswuk how did you eventually deal with your scratch? I have something similar just appeared on my new black RCZ :-(

Carp-angler did you deal with your scratch by hand?

hanswuk

Reaction score
jave22 said:
Hanswuk how did you eventually deal with your scratch? I have something similar just appeared on my new black RCZ :-(

Carp-angler did you deal with your scratch by hand?

Jave22, I'm very pleased to be able to report that it polished out enough not to be noticeable unless you really look for it. I used Auto Glym paint renovator and had to put quite a bit of effort into it!